HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

lmdels

Hey all, Happy New Year!!

I was told if you with the tropical package you must choose one entree, appetizer, etc. However, if you go with the Caribbean package, you get a choice of 3 special menus which you can mix and match up to 2 items per course as long as they know ahead of time. These are the menus that include the lobster, veal, lamb, salmon. I didn't see any type of beef on these menus, but that might be an option. Of course, if there is a guest with special diet they will accommodate. I am writing Jascythia today to verify the menu options for the carribean package because I am finally sending out the invites!! So I will let you know if this has changed........ANY VERIFICATION ON THE CHAIR COVERS?

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All, Happy New Year! I can't beleive that I have one month today and I marry the man of my dreams pinkie.gif With regard to the Tropical package which I've picked you get a choice of 1 appy, 1 main and 1 desert (I'm assuming that will be wedding cake). The one thing I didn't know is that Jascynthia forwarded me the menu choices and there are only 2 sad.gif the Posiedon and Pastafarian. You can be seated as a group in one of the al a cart restaurants @ $30 per person after 8 ppl. or you can pay $300 for a private venue. I mentioned to Jascynthia about the centerpieces that Carolyn left behind and she had no idea what I was talking about what.gif I also found out that the steel band is now $500 instead of $300! I'm so frustrated with the changes all the time....I am trying not to stress out about all this but it's tough girl_werewolf.gif Also I found out that I have to pay to have my dress steam cleaned - starts at $45US.

I'll keep you all posted as to any further developments.

Cheers my fellow GPLH Brides

Hello Martee

I bet you are getting excited and stressed at the same time. Doesn't that piss you off about the steel drum band. In fact, I was originally quoted $150/hr which I have(hard copy) from their original website back in August. So in 5 months the price has increased 3-4X.liar.gifwtf.gif This is BS. I am still working on getting the GM email address to discuss these drastic price changes but haven't had any luck. PRICE GOUGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

I'm sure everything will be beautiful regardless , its a matter of principle now! Do you know anything definite about the chair covers?

If you have it in hard copy I can't imagine that they cannot honor that price? We have also booked the steel drum band, and we were originally quoted $300.

I have also been interested in contacting the manager of the hotel regarding these issues, and we actually talked to him once on the phone. He was going to phone us back in 10 minutes... Maybe he meant Jamaican time?

turk, if you do get in contact with him, I'd be interested in what he has to say.

How can we budget for a wedding when the price keeps changing and increasing after the fact?

I still haven't heard anything back from Jascynthia. hunnyhun921 mentioned that Jascynthia might be coming to the forum to help answer some questions- that would def. help to clear up some of the confusion.

Did anybody get confirmation regarding the chair covers & whether it's true that the only meal choices for the Tropical package are from the Poseidon & Pastafarian menus?

Hello fellow brides to be! I'm also getting married at the Grand Palladium Jamaica - on 4/24! We booked a while back, and back in September there were 3 packages to select from, but from what Jascynthia has indicated, and from what I've read, I'm assuming there are now only 2 packages - the Tropical ($1600) and Caribbean ($2000)?? She sent me the 2 restaurant menus as well, as we're deciding from those. I thought about requesting the private reception area for $300, but opted not to - figured with 25 of us, we'll be fine with others around. Hope it turns out fine.

What time are you ladies getting married? We picked sunset at 5pm, but I'm hoping we still get a few pictures with the blue skies before sun sets...we might just take a bunch ourselves before the ceremony on the beach.

Hello Ladies...less than 1 month now cheer2.gif In response to you grouphug.gif

petals: As I'm the first one getting married out of us I will see if Jascynthia will give me some concrete information regarding chair covers and menu choices. I am going to mention to her that I will be posting on our forum and will ask if she is going to join the forum.

julie5031 - there are 3 packages, the Romance ($1200). I'm getting married at 5:00 p.m. as well and was told that the sun sets at approximately 5:45 so if the wedding starts on time pics should be good, sunset is our favourite time of day.

turk & nbro- excited OMG and stressed YES, but I'm not letting all these details get in the way of our special day. I'm extremely pissed about the steel drum pricing, prices changing in general but if we all look at the small print on their wedding packages it does say "prices subject to change without notice" so I think unless you have something in writing signed by the GM that the price is $150/hr or $300/hr you may be in the same position wtf.gif Sorry!

I will keep you all posted as to my finding

Hey Ladies,

I am travelling to Jamaica this coming Sunday January 11 to visit a few resorts and make my final decision about where my wedding will take place. Right now I am pretty set on the Grand Palladium for a November wedding but i thought I would visit a few others as well. I will be at the GP on Jan 14 for 1 night. I believe there is a wedding there on Jan 15. Does anyone want me to take pictures of anything specific when i am down there? I will be back home on Jan 18 and should have my pictures posted by Jan 20. Let me know.

Hi,

I am getting married at the Grand Palladium on July 10. Could you possibly take pictures of the Blue Lagoon and Wedding gazebo. Can you also see how many people you think could fit at the gazebo location. I have 75 people coming and from Caroline's pictures it looks a little tight up there.

Good Luck!!

Jackie

Hello Ladies, sorry but I have no new information. I e-mailed Jascynthia last Monday and still have not received any response. I also faxed her some information on Friday and still no response.....guess the only way I'm going to get the answers that I need requires a phone call. I will call on Monday and advise you how things go!!!

I'm getting so excited I can't believe it's coming so quickly. I do have everything done on my end just wish I could get some response from Jascynthia.

I'll keep you postedsmile03.gif