Photo

Really worried/really scared - jamaica brides please help!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 allaboutodd

allaboutodd
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:38 PM

I am leaving Tuesday, as in the day after tomorrow, and we started to finalize our packing items, etc. We realized LAST MINUTE that my fiancee/husband misplaced his birth certificate and now we cannot find it. Oh please help!! We faxed these documents over when we were required too but I know we are supposed to bring the originals with us when we go. I'm really worried now.. please, someone, HELP and let me know if they allow us to still get married with the faxed copies.

Thanks!
    http://i299.photobuc....allpicture.jpg

..Danny and Odyssey..
    ..December 12, 2008..

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:44 PM

What resort are you getting married at? If it's the ROR, you shouldn't have a problem. We sent our paperwork in 3 months before we went and were never asked to do anything else with it once we arrived.

#3 allaboutodd

allaboutodd
      • 43 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:47 PM

We are getting married at Sunset Jamaica Grande and we also faxed in our documents a couple of months ago but were also told to bring the originals with us. I can't get a hold of anyone there and I am STRESSING out at this point. I wonder if they have the faxed copy, do they need the original still?

..Danny and Odyssey..
        ..December 12, 2008..

#4 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
        • 1,097 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:47 PM

WOW - so sorry tp hear about your latest misfortune. I am not sure what to say other I would suggest you CALL the hotel/WC right away and explain the situation. I am surprised they accepted faxed copies given the notary requirement, so maybe they will be able to work with it still if you have the audit trail of documents and acceptance by the WC, etc. Try calling first and then decide what needs to happen tomorrow based on what they tell you. DON't create bad scenarios just yet--find out the info and go from there. Hope everything works out for you and FI.

#5 Spazz

Spazz
          • VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:50 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by allaboutodd
            We are getting married at Sunset Jamaica Grande and we also faxed in our documents a couple of months ago but were also told to bring the originals with us. I can't get a hold of anyone there and I am STRESSING out at this point. I wonder if they have the faxed copy, do they need the original still?
            I think if they have the faxed copy, it should be good enough. But keep trying to get in touch with someone before you leave just to have confirmation. I'm sure it will be okay...Good luck!

#6 allaboutodd

allaboutodd
            • 43 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 06:53 PM

So they never asked for your originals upon arrival? I'm hoping that their copy will suffice. It's too late for us to order a new one.

..Danny and Odyssey..
              ..December 12, 2008..

#7 DGG

DGG
              • 275 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:03 PM

If you really do need a copy, I've ordered a copy of my birth certificate from this website - VitalChek Express - Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Marriage Records, Divorce Records and Vital Records - it says they can sometimes get you a copy next day if you rush it. When I ordered mine I didn't rush it and it took about a week. I know it varies from state to state, but it may be worth looking into.. Maybe then can ship it to your resort if it won't get to you in time??

#8 DGG

DGG
                • 275 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:04 PM

What you get from that site is actually an original certified copy - you need this for some state medical licenses, so I think it should definitely be okay for everything else.

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:12 PM

it might be different in different states, but in texas we were able to pick up a birth certificate instantly. it didn't have to be in the city you were born in.

#10 Kelly C

Kelly C
                    • 2,051 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 07:17 PM

Depending on the state you were born, you can go to the dept of health and get a copy immdetialty. I had to do this one morning before leaving for a cruise. I had a sweet little toddler play hide and seek with it.
                      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users