Photo

What are you walking down the Aisle to?

• Please log in to reply
998 replies to this topic

#581 Pucca

Pucca
  • 485 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:11 AM

I think it might be worth it to upgrade, particularly if you're looking to shave some $$ off your budget. A live DJ does the same sort of thing this app does but you pay more! I also saw that if you have an extensive song list, the app takes "requests"; so if you haven't put it on your playlist but you have it in your library, you can actually play it! The only thing I have a question about is how it plugs in to the bigger speaker system and if I need to bring anything extra with me, like one of those docking stations; so I'm trying to find an answer to that. I don't want to assume anything and end up with no music at all! That would make me a little 

I just  checked out this app..it looks awesome, and I'm happy to hear that you have a great review, unfortunately, it is not nano-friendly, but, it may just be an excuse to upgrade to a touch!

#582 traceysteve

traceysteve
    • 328 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

Bite your tongue!! Can you imagine NO MUSIC??? Hahaaaa!! Most resorts offer an 'ipod connection' as an option, but you're right, better safe than sorry.

Originally Posted by Pucca 

I think it might be worth it to upgrade, particularly if you're looking to shave some $$ off your budget. A live DJ does the same sort of thing this app does but you pay more! I also saw that if you have an extensive song list, the app takes "requests"; so if you haven't put it on your playlist but you have it in your library, you can actually play it! The only thing I have a question about is how it plugs in to the bigger speaker system and if I need to bring anything extra with me, like one of those docking stations; so I'm trying to find an answer to that. I don't want to assume anything and end up with no music at all! That would make me a little  to say the least. Hee hee. 

#583 Pucca

Pucca
      • 485 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:17 AM

Okay, just read some posts by other people who have used their iPods and it looks like you don't have to bring down anything extra. Just tell the resort you're planning to use an iPod and they should be able to provide the right cables to hook up to their speakers. That's good news. 

I think it might be worth it to upgrade, particularly if you're looking to shave some $$ off your budget. A live DJ does the same sort of thing this app does but you pay more! I also saw that if you have an extensive song list, the app takes "requests"; so if you haven't put it on your playlist but you have it in your library, you can actually play it! The only thing I have a question about is how it plugs in to the bigger speaker system and if I need to bring anything extra with me, like one of those docking stations; so I'm trying to find an answer to that. I don't want to assume anything and end up with no music at all! That would make me a little  to say the least. Hee hee. 

#584 Brenners

Brenners
        • 807 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

When you look at the money you pay for the iPod Touch versus the money used toward paying a dj and the fact that you get to keep and continue to use the Touch afterward, it kind of becomes a no brainer!  Thanks Pucca!

Originally Posted by Pucca 

Okay, just read some posts by other people who have used their iPods and it looks like you don't have to bring down anything extra. Just tell the resort you're planning to use an iPod and they should be able to provide the right cables to hook up to their speakers. That's good news. 

#585 lololola

lololola
          • 156 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:55 AM

Lots of great suggestions, thanks everyone!

#586 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
            • 1,008 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:54 PM

Just thought of a GREAT SONG!!! Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers Island in the stream!! Maybe not for walking down the island but maybe a dance!!

#587 deniden

deniden
              • Site Supporter
              • 355 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
              • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:24 AM

I'm walking down the aisle to "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys. Figured it was a good choice with my dad walking me to my future husband. :)

Ceremony Prelude – "All You Need is Love" - The Beatles

Wedding Party Processional - "Beyond the Sea" or "Some Kind of Wonderful" - Michael Buble or "Marry Me" - Train or "Have you ever really loved a woman" - Bryan Adams

Bridal Processional - "God Only Knows" - The Beach Boys

Wedding Precessional - "L O V E" - Michael Buble

#588 fungirl97

fungirl97
              • 55 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:14 AM

This is the best version! I might use this too!!! Love it!!!

#589 fungirl97

fungirl97
                • 55 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

That is the Kiss the Girl instrumental version! Its so awesome!

#590 krmiller

krmiller
                  • 239 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

I used that song for my bridesmaids to walk down the aisle.  I kept it a surprise & it was awesome!! 

Originally Posted by fungirl97 

That is the Kiss the Girl instrumental version! Its so awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users