Photo

Welcome Dinner Budget?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mrspeterson2b

mrspeterson2b
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

Just curious as to what everyone's budget is for your welcome party/rehearsal dinner?

#2 Angela139

Angela139
    • 455 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:16 AM

I think we're just going to use one of the AI restaurants for this - we're paying for a private dinner and renting a bar for our reception, which is getting pretty pricey!

#3 mrspeterson2b

mrspeterson2b
      • 34 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:52 AM

I wonder if $1000 for 40-ish people is realistic? We're trying to do a casual welcome party-tapas probably and drinks.

#4 Kathie

Kathie
        • 2,654 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

We will also be having around 40 people and we were thinking more like $2,000 for a Mexican buffet and drinks. I'd love to spend less though.

#5 mrspeterson2b

mrspeterson2b
          • 34 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:29 PM

I'm calling Barcelona Tapas tonight for a quote. We'll see if it's in the budget :)

#6 pvinnov

pvinnov
            • 41 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:54 AM

I just held a welcome dinner at Mestizos in PV a couple weeks ago (Friday, 11/21/0. I haven't done a full on review of our wedding (we just got back!), but the restaurant was totally willing to work with our budget, about $2300. When I thought we were going to have 50+ guests, I was able to select 8-9 appetizers that would be served all evening. I was going to set the drink tab to $600. When I got the final headcount of 40, I decided to do an appetizer, dinner, dessert (options from the regular menu) and keep the $600 drink tab. We did end up going over on the drink tab a little, but that's because the waiters brought out tequila shots at the end. (They did ask for approval on whether to go over the tab or not as I requested.) Food was fantastic, service was wonderful, and communication was so easy. Plus the space was really a perfect size for us, not too big or small. I have pictures and will try to post soon!

#7 mrspeterson2b

mrspeterson2b
              • 34 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 06:16 PM

Hi PVinnov,

Was your wedding held at Las Caletas?

#8 pvinnov

pvinnov
                • 41 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:17 AM

No, I had my ceremony and reception at Dreams. My mom got used to the the AI real quickly and tried to get me to switch to using one of the restaurants at Dreams because she enjoyed her dinner there so much. This was 10 minutes before we were all getting into cabs to go to Mestizo! Lol! It would've been cheaper for sure since most of our guests were staying at the hotel, so it would've been free food/drinks, but I wanted to get "off-campus."

#9 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                  • 2,777 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:55 AM

$1000 is definitely good for us, but at our hotel they have a bunch of bungalows w/ a large courtyard w/ bbq's. And we've rented out all of the bungalows. So we're just going to Costco and getting burgers and stuff and having a big bbq on the beach! We're having 40 people, I don't have any idea what it would be like for a restaurant.

#10 beach_knot

beach_knot
                    • 57 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by pvinnov
                      I just held a welcome dinner at Mestizos in PV a couple weeks ago (Friday, 11/21/0. I haven't done a full on review of our wedding (we just got back!), but the restaurant was totally willing to work with our budget, about $2300. When I thought we were going to have 50+ guests, I was able to select 8-9 appetizers that would be served all evening. I was going to set the drink tab to $600. When I got the final headcount of 40, I decided to do an appetizer, dinner, dessert (options from the regular menu) and keep the $600 drink tab. We did end up going over on the drink tab a little, but that's because the waiters brought out tequila shots at the end. (They did ask for approval on whether to go over the tab or not as I requested.) Food was fantastic, service was wonderful, and communication was so easy. Plus the space was really a perfect size for us, not too big or small. I have pictures and will try to post soon!
                      Hi!
                      I am interested in seeing your RD photo's at Mestizos :)
                      Also may I ask you what appetizers and drinks you served. The place sounds wonderful. My FI and I did find there website and have put an email in for more info but have yet to hear back.
                      Thanks so much!
                      R

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users