Photo

Mah Jong anyone?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:47 AM

My mom used to play Mah Jong every week when i was little and she has been buggin me for years to learn how to play - well tonight a bunch of my girlfriends came over and my mom taught us how to play - it was a lot of fun!!! we are going to start a weekly or bi-weekly game now.

does anyone else play? any tips / tricks?

#2 Chiquita

Chiquita
    • 2,674 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 03:28 AM

My friends and I all learned how to play in high school from my friends' mom. Once in awhile we will have an MJ night where we all get together and play. It's SOOOO fun. We have a special board and everything.. heh. However I don't really have any tips or tricks for you. I still need a cheat sheet for some of the characters!!! :)

I think the more you play the easier it will get and you will learn strategies. I usually try to go for tiles all sticks or balls or whatever. Get big points that way. :)

#3 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:01 AM

i've only ever played on the computer at work, we have a touchscreen so its fun!

i didnt realize you could actually play it with the tiles in person, and as a group. how does that work? teams? or one-on-one?

#4 syl1115

syl1115
      • 789 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:30 AM

OMG Alyssa, you make me feel so old! I used to play all the time when my kids were little, LOL. I haven't played in years.
        Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#5 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

Oh, I love Mah Jong! But I never played it for real, only online.

#6 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:55 PM

We usually play 4 at a table. Or we double up into 2 teams of 4 depending on how many people want to play. :)

#7 Riyko

Riyko
            • 18 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:31 PM

lol I've only ever played it online, but i've seen people playing it in person before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users