Private Message vs Your Notifications

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
  • VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

Hey. I searched forum before I posted this so sorry if it's a repeat question.

I know there is a lot of updating with the forum going on. I noticed last week where it normally reads "Private Messages" it said "Notifications" instead, and I had 3 new friend requests, kinda like how facebook works. I left it alone (im already friends with these peop's so I thought it was cause they were saved as friends before, ?) but today I went in and messed around and deleted the request and my friend list. Well, it changed back to Private Messages..

Did anyone else have this happen to them? Is it a new thing going with the forum?

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:27 PM

what did you do? (in chris farley voice)

i think we have all been too afraid to mess with the notifications...how did you delete them?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
    • VIP Member
    • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:27 PM

Mine says Your Notifications, but it is always the same # as my PMs... I was also wondering about that, but figured it would get straightened out eventually. It doesn't say Private Messages anywhere on mine.

Also, I don't see a place to change your "mood" - so mine is stuck on Lurking

~ Jaime & Martin ~
      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:29 PM

Oh, DUHHHH; I just saw the Drop-Down menu... still don't see a place to change my mood though.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#5 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

tammy phahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa i just busted out laughing ahahahahhaahahhaaa

ok- well it said 3 new notifications, there were lil boxes next to 3 people's names i had already had in my friend list, and said to reject or accept, so i said reject. not cuz i didnt want them (haha it was abbie, carly and alyssa! who wouldn't want them!) but to see if it would make the notification number go away. so i clicked save so it took them off somehow, and it went back to "private messages"..it was just odd and i thought i missed something here on the forum...

i remem when i first signed up, i'd add people to my friend list, well all those girls were listed but only the three above had "accept or reject" friend request. ?

Jaime- i noticed the drop down thing too but before it was never like that right? or am i a nut job? hahahahaha

#6 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:15 PM

Ya know, mine only read "private message" now as well. It used to read notifications and was a drop down box. I have no idea when it changed!!

#7 Jessica

Jessica
            • VIP Member
            • 11,939 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:21 PM

I accepted my friend requests and nothing really happened....

Did these people even actually request to be friends?! I think mine were Alyssa and Mel.

#8 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
              • VIP Member
              • 3,160 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:25 PM

jess- im, not sure if they recently did a friend request.. abbie, c and alyssa did you do you wanna be my frrrrienddd? lol

it was kinda weird since i also saw my entire list of friends and i thought it might have been a glitch since there were changes going on so like jaime said, i ignored it and thought it'd work itself out but today i first accepted, it didnt do anything so i rejected and it took the notifications off.

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:27 PM

I know that I did request Jac, but I didn't really know what it meant. Alyssa, Mel and Abbie had "friended" me, so I figured to get Jac on there too, but had no idea why.

#10 Alyssa

Alyssa
                  • 11,793 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:38 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jacqueline
                    jess- im, not sure if they recently did a friend request.. abbie, c and alyssa did you do you wanna be my frrrrienddd? lol

it was kinda weird since i also saw my entire list of friends and i thought it might have been a glitch since there were changes going on so like jaime said, i ignored it and thought it'd work itself out but today i first accepted, it didnt do anything so i rejected and it took the notifications off.
                    ROFL!!!! ok so i was testing out the new 'friend' thing and a couple of you accepted and it worked so then i sent out a whole bunch of them b/c i didn't want to leave anyone out (although i probably did b/c i stopped messing around with it)

but if you don't want to be my friend Jac we can take it outside LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users