OROBride1008
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:10 PM

Those are great.

#42 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing own, but I'll probably have my mom do them for me because she has done personalized tanks for me in the past. thnaks for telling us what items are needed.

#43 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:59 PM

i would think that you could make your own wax tipped stick, if you cant find one. just use a small skewer or orange stick, and get a little case of that wax that people with braces use (available and drug and grocery stores.)

just make a small little ball of the wax and affix it to the end of the stick, voila! it should work just fine.

#44 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

shelley, these DIY's are awesome! love them! i would totally do them, but it might be a little weird for me to show up to my honeymoon wearing Bride undies

hmmmmm. maybe ill make some of the Mrs. Cxxxxxxxx ones with the date, that would be ok! like im telling him, hi! remember me? heeheehee

#45 jmb0902

jmb0902
      • 496 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Abbie
        i would think that you could make your own wax tipped stick, if you cant find one. just use a small skewer or orange stick, and get a little case of that wax that people with braces use (available and drug and grocery stores.)

just make a small little ball of the wax and affix it to the end of the stick, voila! it should work just fine.
        Thanks for the advice! I ordered my crystals and mylar paper (GREAT deals!) on ebay the other day.... SO excited, I will post as soon as I'm done!

#46 Kits55

Kits55
        • 607 posts
        • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
        • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:14 AM

i also ordered my mylar and i already have the rhinestones. I received my mylar paper today so it'll probably end up being a group effort this weekend because I embarrassingly enough don't know how to iron. loser

#47 scottgm2

scottgm2
        • 229 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 02:03 PM

boy I read the title of this thread and thought I have to see what we are doing. nice work.

#48 nbhelms

nbhelms
          • 80 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:40 PM

I just made mine and they turned out great! Very easy DIY project!

#49 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
            • 929 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:54 PM

Great job; looks store bought!!! Thanks for the inspiration & I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pink!!!!

#50 Kits55

Kits55
              • 607 posts
              • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
              • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

maybe I'm just a DIY undergarments dope but I could not get it to work for the life of me. I bought everything that MsShelley posted about but I even have a Bejeweler for different size Swarovski crystals. I was having problems with the sticky paper. I will say I was in a HUGE rush so that could have been part of the problem too. I guess I needed more time to figure it out completely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users