Photo

What's a good bar at ROR?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Anna83

Anna83
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:38 PM

I want to have welcome cocktail hour at ROR the first night we are there. I asked Chandlyn about it, and she said it would cost $15 per person. I think that's crazy to spend that at an all inclusive resort. I want to pick a bar to just have everyone meet at. Any suggestions of which bar would be best?

#2 sally

sally
    • 302 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:22 AM

I would go with the main bar just off reception where the entertainment is............
      There are plenty of seats and a reggae band on till the main shows start

#3 kater

kater
      • 77 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:48 PM

Yes, I agree. The Blue Mountain bar area is the best place to meet up. The house band starts playing at about 8, and is fairly loud, so you may want to meet earlier than that. Entertainment starts around 9, so you would want to have all of your meet/greet done by then.

#4 GeminiLibra

GeminiLibra
        • 220 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:01 PM

I just came back from ROR and we had ours at the Dunns River Bar. It is right across from the entertainment and it over looks the ocean. We just pulled a bunch of tables and chairs together, there were 25 of us, and we were able to watch the entertainment and talk if we wanted to. It was really nice.

#5 chicklet

chicklet
          • 718 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:51 PM

We arrive on a saturday. Is there a bar near the beach party

#6 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
            • 215 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:09 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by chicklet
              We arrive on a saturday. Is there a bar near the beach party
              Yup! The beach party is just in front of Seagrape. The main show area is right up the stairs from that. They will not let you on the beach with glass containers but do have plastic cups to pour your drink into.

#7 chicklet

chicklet
              • 718 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:56 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by geology_rocks
                Yup! The beach party is just in front of Seagrape. The main show area is right up the stairs from that. They will not let you on the beach with glass containers but do have plastic cups to pour your drink into.
                Is this bar open an hour or so prior to the beach party starting?? I won't want to do a meet and greet while the beach party is in full tilt..*lol* you won't be able to hear anyone.

#8 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
                • 215 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:08 PM

You know, I'm not really sure. There is a show before the beach party gets into full swing. Fire breathers, jugglers etc. We didnt' stick around for the actual "party" part, just the show. If you want to do a meet and greet, you're probably better off doing it before any entertainment starts, then enjoying the entertainment afterwards. Also, don't worry too much about entertaining your guests, it is their vacation too. Your guests will mostly gravitate naturally towards eachother just because it's a familiar face.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users