Jump to content

Photo

Dreams Punta Cana - Reception Locations?


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 CObride2009

CObride2009
  • Newbie
  • 9 posts

    Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

    Hello ladies!

    For previous brides or people who have been there, do you have recommendations on where to have a wedding reception there? We are considering the Bordeaux Terrace or the Boda Terrace. The wedding planner on site recommends the Bordeaux Terrace (french restuarant).

    We will have about 40 guests. We obviously want the reception location to be beautiful and just plain nice.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Nicole

    #2 chika

    chika
    • Newbie
    • 147 posts

      Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:48 PM

      We used the Bordeaux Terrace - it was gorgeous, with plenty of space and a view of the ocean and beach. We had 34 guests.

      #3 KHarrod

      KHarrod
      • Member
      • 902 posts

        Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by chika
        We used the Bordeaux Terrace - it was gorgeous, with plenty of space and a view of the ocean and beach. We had 34 guests.
        Did the Bordeaux Terrace has enough space for dancing?

        #4 happygilmore

        happygilmore
        • Member
        • 576 posts

          Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:26 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by chika
          We used the Bordeaux Terrace - it was gorgeous, with plenty of space and a view of the ocean and beach. We had 34 guests.

          Have you posted any pics from your wedding and do you have any including your reception? I would love to see the set up because I think we'll end up with about the same amount as you!

          Also, who did you end up with for a Wedding Coordinator?

          Thanks~!

          #5 S2BLennon

          S2BLennon
          • Member
          • 668 posts

            Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:57 AM

            Click the image to open in full size.
            Click the image to open in full size.
            Here are some pics of the Bordeaux Terrace. If you go on the interactive map of the resort on the Dreams web-site you can see where it was located.
            Also- I got a pic of the Boda Tza Salon? I don't know where it is located on the resort- it looks bigger.
            Click the image to open in full size.
            And here is a pic of the set up for a reception on the beach
            Click the image to open in full size.

            #6 S2BLennon

            S2BLennon
            • Member
            • 668 posts

              Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:58 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by happygilmore
              Have you posted any pics from your wedding and do you have any including your reception? I would love to see the set up because I think we'll end up with about the same amount as you!

              Also, who did you end up with for a Wedding Coordinator?

              Thanks~!
              :) After the review we read- I think that we are both a little nervous now. Can we tacktfully request a WC specifically?

              #7 CObride2009

              CObride2009
              • Newbie
              • 9 posts

                Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:40 PM

                Thanks for the information Shelley and congratz on your recent marriage! How was the wedding and how was the Dreams Punta Cana resort? Did you and your guests love it?! Any warnings or suggestions? Day by day we are more excited about our wedding there on May 1st..... :) We are trying to figure out if we should have a DJ come for a few hours to play after dinner or if we should all just head to the Disco instead? Thoughts?

                Thanks so much!
                Nicole

                #8 chika

                chika
                • Newbie
                • 147 posts

                  Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:40 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CObride2009
                  Thanks for the information Shelley and congratz on your recent marriage! How was the wedding and how was the Dreams Punta Cana resort? Did you and your guests love it?! Any warnings or suggestions? Day by day we are more excited about our wedding there on May 1st..... :) We are trying to figure out if we should have a DJ come for a few hours to play after dinner or if we should all just head to the Disco instead? Thoughts?

                  Thanks so much!
                  Nicole
                  We had Maria as our coordinator and I never had any issues with communication or her getting back to us, as some people seem to have had. She was great to work with!

                  The resort is gorgeous. It is so lush, and there is wildlife (flamingoes, parrots) everywhere. The pool is just amazing too - it goes all the way through the resort, so there is a lot of room to just laze around. The beach is good too. Some people complained about the coral reef, but if you went swimming to the left of the watersports it was all sand, and so much fun! No one really got cut up or anything like I've read on some reviews. The food was delicious too.

                  I personally didn't think the DJ would be worth the cost, and after using just our ipod (with a playlist we made ahead of time) and the speakers we rented, I would stick with this decision. The private reception has to end at 10:30, so there isn't a lot of time for music. There was space on the Bordeaux terrace for dancing, but we didn't do a lot. We just went to the disco after dinner.

                  Also I would recommend the video. Depending on what you are doing for photography (bringing your own or getting the resort photographers) the video was totally worth the money. It was not as cheesy as I suspected it would be, and it is such a nice memento to have right away. We got it the night after our wedding! It was a nice way to see our guests reactions and expressions, as we didn't really see them during our ceremony (we were looking at each other, obviously!)

                  If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me, or post here.

                  #9 chika

                  chika
                  • Newbie
                  • 147 posts

                    Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:41 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by S2BLennon
                    Also- I got a pic of the Boda Tza Salon? I don't know where it is located on the resort- it looks bigger.
                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    This is located in the main building, it is above the main buffet and down the hall from the Himitsu restaurant. It is a very nice location - very central.

                    #10 rdhbride

                    rdhbride
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 313 posts

                      Posted 13 December 2008 - 09:54 PM

                      came across this thread , great info:) going to dreams in jan excited and nervous at the same time. :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users