Sign in to follow this  
CObride2009

Dreams Punta Cana - Reception Locations?

Hello ladies!

For previous brides or people who have been there, do you have recommendations on where to have a wedding reception there? We are considering the Bordeaux Terrace or the Boda Terrace. The wedding planner on site recommends the Bordeaux Terrace (french restuarant).

We will have about 40 guests. We obviously want the reception location to be beautiful and just plain nice.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by chika View Post
We used the Bordeaux Terrace - it was gorgeous, with plenty of space and a view of the ocean and beach. We had 34 guests.
Did the Bordeaux Terrace has enough space for dancing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chika View Post
We used the Bordeaux Terrace - it was gorgeous, with plenty of space and a view of the ocean and beach. We had 34 guests.

Have you posted any pics from your wedding and do you have any including your reception? I would love to see the set up because I think we'll end up with about the same amount as you!

Also, who did you end up with for a Wedding Coordinator?

Thanks~!

Click the image to open in full size.

Here are some pics of the Bordeaux Terrace. If you go on the interactive map of the resort on the Dreams web-site you can see where it was located.

Also- I got a pic of the Boda Tza Salon? I don't know where it is located on the resort- it looks bigger.

And here is a pic of the set up for a reception on the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygilmore View Post
Have you posted any pics from your wedding and do you have any including your reception? I would love to see the set up because I think we'll end up with about the same amount as you!

Also, who did you end up with for a Wedding Coordinator?

Thanks~!
:) After the review we read- I think that we are both a little nervous now. Can we tacktfully request a WC specifically?

Thanks for the information Shelley and congratz on your recent marriage! How was the wedding and how was the Dreams Punta Cana resort? Did you and your guests love it?! Any warnings or suggestions? Day by day we are more excited about our wedding there on May 1st..... :) We are trying to figure out if we should have a DJ come for a few hours to play after dinner or if we should all just head to the Disco instead? Thoughts?

Thanks so much!

Nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CObride2009 View Post
Thanks for the information Shelley and congratz on your recent marriage! How was the wedding and how was the Dreams Punta Cana resort? Did you and your guests love it?! Any warnings or suggestions? Day by day we are more excited about our wedding there on May 1st..... :) We are trying to figure out if we should have a DJ come for a few hours to play after dinner or if we should all just head to the Disco instead? Thoughts?

Thanks so much!
Nicole
We had Maria as our coordinator and I never had any issues with communication or her getting back to us, as some people seem to have had. She was great to work with!

The resort is gorgeous. It is so lush, and there is wildlife (flamingoes, parrots) everywhere. The pool is just amazing too - it goes all the way through the resort, so there is a lot of room to just laze around. The beach is good too. Some people complained about the coral reef, but if you went swimming to the left of the watersports it was all sand, and so much fun! No one really got cut up or anything like I've read on some reviews. The food was delicious too.

I personally didn't think the DJ would be worth the cost, and after using just our ipod (with a playlist we made ahead of time) and the speakers we rented, I would stick with this decision. The private reception has to end at 10:30, so there isn't a lot of time for music. There was space on the Bordeaux terrace for dancing, but we didn't do a lot. We just went to the disco after dinner.

Also I would recommend the video. Depending on what you are doing for photography (bringing your own or getting the resort photographers) the video was totally worth the money. It was not as cheesy as I suspected it would be, and it is such a nice memento to have right away. We got it the night after our wedding! It was a nice way to see our guests reactions and expressions, as we didn't really see them during our ceremony (we were looking at each other, obviously!)

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me, or post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2BLennon View Post
Also- I got a pic of the Boda Tza Salon? I don't know where it is located on the resort- it looks bigger.
This is located in the main building, it is above the main buffet and down the hall from the Himitsu restaurant. It is a very nice location - very central.