Jump to content

Photo

Any Eldorado Seaside Brides??


  • Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#51 prairiegirl

prairiegirl
  • Newbie
  • 133 posts

    Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

    awsome!! it's amazing how a plan can come together!!

    #52 SoonToBeE

    SoonToBeE
    • Jr. Member
    • 198 posts

      Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:49 PM

      I think we are doing our recpetion on the beach - original plan was the restaurant, but after looking at financials it was going to be comparable to have in on the beach, vs doing restaurant and then trying to do a separate reception for dances and speeches. We're doing and $11/pp set course menu for the event and I'm hoping it is good : )

      Valeria (or WC) has been absolutely amazing. I phoned and spoke with her yesterday and she is always great about getting back and is really very personable. SHe has been a dream to work with. I'm just bummed that she won't be there the day of the wedding - she seems so on top of everything!

      Lomas is playing with their prices for everything right now - the photo package we originally booked for $978 is now $2200. Outrageous and I doubt the photog is getting those additional dollars. Dealing with Lomas policy and expenses is the most annoying part of this whole process....

      Finally...my dress was $800. I fell in love with it as soon as I tried it on. I originally tried it on for full price and then looked online (for those in TO Bridal & Beyond - Toronto bridal dress, favours, invitations, and accessories retailer for Toronto wedding and Canadian wedding lists their sales prices online and will show sample prices as well - they always have samples too...) and found it for $500 less than the original price.

      Here it is: ) http://www.brides.co....etail/5494303/

      #53 prairiegirl

      prairiegirl
      • Newbie
      • 133 posts

        Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

        Interesting note about WC...

        I just got an email from another EDSS bride who said... Carolina is actually located in CANCUN! and has no ideas about the condition of the grounds, pier, etc... the on site co-ordinator that she had was named Vania..

        She also indicated that printing off all your emails and taking them with is a VERY GOOD IDEA.. so you don't have to argue over details...

        best go print out some emails.. :-)

        #54 Tracy_S

        Tracy_S
        • Jr. Member
        • 268 posts

          Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:22 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by SoonToBeE
          I think we are doing our recpetion on the beach - original plan was the restaurant, but after looking at financials it was going to be comparable to have in on the beach, vs doing restaurant and then trying to do a separate reception for dances and speeches. We're doing and $11/pp set course menu for the event and I'm hoping it is good : )

          Valeria (or WC) has been absolutely amazing. I phoned and spoke with her yesterday and she is always great about getting back and is really very personable. SHe has been a dream to work with. I'm just bummed that she won't be there the day of the wedding - she seems so on top of everything!

          Lomas is playing with their prices for everything right now - the photo package we originally booked for $978 is now $2200. Outrageous and I doubt the photog is getting those additional dollars. Dealing with Lomas policy and expenses is the most annoying part of this whole process....

          Finally...my dress was $800. I fell in love with it as soon as I tried it on. I originally tried it on for full price and then looked online (for those in TO Bridal & Beyond - Toronto bridal dress, favours, invitations, and accessories retailer for Toronto wedding and Canadian wedding lists their sales prices online and will show sample prices as well - they always have samples too...) and found it for $500 less than the original price.

          Here it is: ) http://www.brides.co....etail/5494303/
          So for your photography do you still get it at the price originally quoted to you?? As the package that I want with Mexican Wedding Photos went up to and Marlet I think it was at the Photos emailed me back and said they would honor the original price I was quoted and to just tell Valeria that this was the case.

          I like working with her as well.. she has always responded to my emails within a day or 2 of me sending them and seems to be on top of things. I haven't checked if she will be there on the day of my wedding yet, but I will check now!!! lol

          Prairiegirl, that sounds interesting about the pier and such? I wonder who is correct in that aspect

          #55 edssbride09

          edssbride09
          • Jr. Member
          • 233 posts

            Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:49 PM

            [QUOTE=SoonToBeE;647606]I think we are doing our recpetion on the beach - original plan was the restaurant, but after looking at financials it was going to be comparable to have in on the beach, vs doing restaurant and then trying to do a separate reception for dances and speeches. We're doing and $11/pp set course menu for the event and I'm hoping it is good : )

            You have to tell me where are you getting quoted for $11/pp set course menu for a private beach reception? Seriously, i need to know! I am using their event menu, and we are looking at paying around $75.00/pp for the meal even though everyone is at the resort... i am desperate to know what this is all about!

            Oh, and as to Carolina being in Cancun, i think that is probably right, I should ask her. Where is Valeria? Carolina seems to be quite knowledgeable, but perhaps i am wrong... I am so happy we have this EDSS thread now! I would have loved this when i booked!

            #56 Tracy_S

            Tracy_S
            • Jr. Member
            • 268 posts

              Posted 08 January 2009 - 01:29 PM

              Sorry I have another question to you brides who have already booked your wedding decor and such.... I was looking on the Lomas website to determine which gazebo I was going to go with. It had 2 options that I was trying to determine what would be more money wise... there was one package for the entire thing for 1300 US and another for 220US. The first one includes almost all the things that I want but not all, and some that I don't want.. I have emailed my WC about this and her answer confused me as to which was the better choice.. did any of you choose one of those options and then just customized the 220US one to the stuff you wanted?? If you could let me know that would be great!!!

              #57 edssbride09

              edssbride09
              • Jr. Member
              • 233 posts

                Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:36 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tracy_S
                Sorry I have another question to you brides who have already booked your wedding decor and such.... I was looking on the Lomas website to determine which gazebo I was going to go with. It had 2 options that I was trying to determine what would be more money wise... there was one package for the entire thing for 1300 US and another for 220US. The first one includes almost all the things that I want but not all, and some that I don't want.. I have emailed my WC about this and her answer confused me as to which was the better choice.. did any of you choose one of those options and then just customized the 220US one to the stuff you wanted?? If you could let me know that would be great!!!
                I am getting the free wedding package, and i am not paying for the altar (though it will be undecorated unless i pay for that...) i think the altar prices are for if you are doing the a la carte wedding without the package?

                #58 prairiegirl

                prairiegirl
                • Newbie
                • 133 posts

                  Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:19 PM

                  I'm the free wedding too!! I figure who need all those extras as the decor is the fact you are on a beach with the ocean as your backdrop...

                  Pier Update
                  I talked to a couple who were in EDSS just be fore New Years.. and he said the pier is being rebuilt.. SLOWLY... so they are working on it, but he said there is no way it would have been done by Dec 28th.. so I'll be lucky if it's done for my wedding....

                  I just hope they stop construction for my wedding ceremony lol..

                  #59 Tracy_S

                  Tracy_S
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 268 posts

                    Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:59 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by edssbride09
                    I am getting the free wedding package, and i am not paying for the altar (though it will be undecorated unless i pay for that...) i think the altar prices are for if you are doing the a la carte wedding without the package?
                    Oh thats right! I am doing the silver wedding package and the gazebo is included in the price... so I just have to pay the extra for the other little things I want changed... like the colors obviously and chair corsages and such! I didn't even think like that!! That's wicked!!!! Thanks for the reminder!! lol

                    #60 edssbride09

                    edssbride09
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 233 posts

                      Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:19 PM

                      Ok, i am still desperate to know about this whole $11/pp dinner option for a private reception, have any of you other girls heard about this?

                      Also, in terms of makeup and hair, what are you guys doing! 85 USD/each is so much money for makeup! I have 4 BMs so that will cost me a fortune... plus with hair... wow, that is crazy that it costs so much! Do you have any other options?

                      Hey Tracy, just curious as to why you went with the Silver package, i just went with free because i didn't think you got much for the extra money, perhaps i was wrong? Does it include decorations or anything?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users