Photo

Any Eldorado Seaside Brides??

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#131 Tracy_S

Tracy_S
  • 268 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:21 PM

I have a question for you gals... were you told that you couldn't choose your wording or get personal vows to say to each other?? What about for the sand ceremony wording?? I was told that we have to use the standard Civil ones.. and that for the sand ceremony it was their wording as well.. But the outline my WC sent me didn't have anything it in like the normal wedding like I promise to love and cherish you... in sickness and in health type deal... is this the deal you girls received as well?? If not I want to challenge that... please let me know! Thanks!!

#132 edssbride09

edssbride09
    • 233 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

Hey Tracey, We are doing our legal wedding before going down there so we were told that our wedding in Mexico we could have them read anything that we wanted. I was sent the non-denominational script that they usually use and it was terrible (in my opinion) and totally NOT non-denominational. We are writing the whole thing for the minister to read. NOt sure if this is because it isn't legal that we can do this...

#133 lolo

lolo
      • 187 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

Great choice!!
        I am getting married at the Seaside Feb 2010
        I was there Feb 08 and it was beautiful. My FH and I fell in love with it. It doesn't feel like a regular hotel...it is like a villa.
        We had an exquisite vacation and can't wait to get married there!!!

#134 lolo

lolo
        • 187 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

Anyone interested in selling their fans after the wedding let me know!!!
          I am not getting hitched until Feb 2010.

#135 lolo

lolo
          • 187 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

Hi girls!!!
            My name is Linda
            I am sooooo jealous i have to wait a whole year for my wedding!!!
            I would love love love to see pics and hear the wedding stories!!!!
            Congrats Nicki!! Hope is is great!!!

#136 SoonToBeE

SoonToBeE
            • 198 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:02 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Tracy_S
              I have a question for you gals... were you told that you couldn't choose your wording or get personal vows to say to each other?? What about for the sand ceremony wording?? I was told that we have to use the standard Civil ones.. and that for the sand ceremony it was their wording as well.. But the outline my WC sent me didn't have anything it in like the normal wedding like I promise to love and cherish you... in sickness and in health type deal... is this the deal you girls received as well?? If not I want to challenge that... please let me know! Thanks!!
              Hi Tracey - Here is the email we got from our WC that shows that you can say your own vows.:
              ORDER OF CEREMONY:
              1. Guests & Groom arrival to the Ceremony location (15 mins before)
              2. Bride arrives to the location.
              3 BRIDAL PARTY PROCESSIONALS
              4. BRIDE’S PROCESSIONAL**
              5. Welcome Address - Ceremony Begins
              6. Introduction (Initial prayers)
              7. Main Speech
              8. Rings interchange, "I do's" Vows exchanging (after or before the rings) (you can say your own personalized vows)
              -Sand ceremony, unity candle, etc can be added here.
              9. Final speech
              10. Marriage Certificate Signatures (Even if is just symbolic)
              11. Declaration of Marriage
              12. Newlyweds Announcement
              13. RECESSIONAL - Walk down the aisle to leave.

So with the 'prayers' section and some of the wording of the ceremony one thinks that this is actually a religious ceremony. Not surprising seeing as Mexico is a fairly religious country....

I have attached the wording for the ceremony. We are going to see if we can change anything.... This section seems horribly unromantic and terrible. Thinking I'd rather not have this during our wedding.:

"“Marriage” it says, is the only legal and moral way to found a family, to preserve mankind and avoid imperfections of the human being, who are only able to obtain the perfection of the human race through matrimony in a conjugal duality."

Yikes.....

Attached Files

#137 SoonToBeE

SoonToBeE
              • 198 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:10 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by lolo
                Hi girls!!!
                My name is Linda
                I am sooooo jealous i have to wait a whole year for my wedding!!!
                I would love love love to see pics and hear the wedding stories!!!!
                Congrats Nicki!! Hope is is great!!!
                Hi Linda! Welcome to our little group. You seem very excited : ) Congrats on getting engaged! A few of us are getting married in the next few weeks, so you'll have lots of information by the time you get to your big day!

#138 Tracy_S

Tracy_S
                • 268 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:13 PM

Ok that is the wording I was provided as well... but when would you be able to input your own personal vows if you so chose?? There to me doesn't seem to be a point in the ceremony outline that allows for that... thats cool that your WC sent you how the whole process would go I want to check with Valeria and make sure that is how my day will play out too!!

Oh and welcome Linda!! Hopefully we can answer any of your questions you may have as Soontobe says we have some girls getting married in a couple of weeks or months! We have one girl there right now... we are all patiently waiting her return so she can tell us all about it!!! So very exciting!!

#139 SoonToBeE

SoonToBeE
                  • 198 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:11 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Tracy_S
                    Ok that is the wording I was provided as well... but when would you be able to input your own personal vows if you so chose?? There to me doesn't seem to be a point in the ceremony outline that allows for that... thats cool that your WC sent you how the whole process would go I want to check with Valeria and make sure that is how my day will play out too!!
                    Tracy - We are planning to say our vows in section 8 (From Valeria: 8. Rings interchange, "I do's" Vows exchanging (after or before the rings) (you can say your own personalized vows) -Sand ceremony, unity candle, etc can be added here.)

We're writing our own and plan to say them there. It also sounds like you can add in a reading, or some other element, as you want. I still can't believe how horrible the ceremony wording is.....

#140 Tracy_S

Tracy_S
                    • 268 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:58 PM

Thats so weird that you have Valeria too and she told you that you can personalize your vows... she said its unavailable for me to do that!! I will have to double check with her!! I know I want to see if we can take that part out of the ceremony too or change it a bit cause it sounds terrible!!! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users