I want to make my guest a english to Patois booklet...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Soon2beWed09

• 319 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

Do anyone know where I can find a good site to find the translation? I tried google but it's to many sites with not enough info. Wanted to include them in my OOT bags...Thanks a bunch.

#2 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

I can't really help you, but I tried to use on of those translation sites and it was really wrong. I know some spanish and when I translated my words it didn't make sense at all. I would find someone who speaks the language and have them look over it. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

#3 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:20 PM

its hard to find that online. I would be more than happy to pitch in where I can and help you translate where you are stuck on something. you can send me a PM with your addy info.

#4 Soon2beWed09

• 319 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:35 PM

Will people get offended if they are Jamaican?

#5 ~*petals*~

• 1,572 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:34 PM

You could try this page from jamaicans.com : Speak Jamaican (Jamaica)

#6 KatyKo

• 851 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:43 PM

Not sure if they have what you are looking for, but I plan to use this site to get some phrases in Spanish for my guests...

single-serving.com phrase guides

Good luck!

#7 kater

• 77 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 12:51 PM

I know this might not be the answer that you're looking for, but I wouldn't waste the effort. Everyone speaks english and they use the patois basically when they don't want you to know what they're saying. It sounds like a fairly complicated language, and I think guests would not get much use out of it, in my honest opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users