Photo

RyanAmanda's Bahia Principe Tulum/Del Sol Review

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 Jen_S

Jen_S
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:11 PM

Great review Amanda! Glad everything went great excpet for the spa that is my big concern. Love the capitan morgan pict, did they bring you any?? Can't wait to see your pro picts.
    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#12 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
    • 315 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 08:48 PM

i cannot wait to see these great pics from del sol!!!! you are so lucky you got Sol to do your TTD! how did u do it when you originally booked with Diego?

#13 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
      • 235 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 12:33 AM

Nope, no Captain Morgan's. The waiter just looked at us like we were crazy...lol.

And for the TTD we did book with Sol. We could only afford to hire Sol for one session and the TTD pictures were more important to me then the wedding pictures, so we booked her for that.

#14 MayanButterfly

MayanButterfly
        • 36 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:55 AM

Thanks so much for the review Amanda! Kind of a weird question, but is the dance floor for the poolside reception slippery? My FI and I are swing dancers and I was thinking of getting a dance choreographed, but it would only really be worthwhile the floor was slippery and I could really spin!

Francine

#15 cdc0427

cdc0427
          • 330 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:18 AM

Great Review! I'm sure your pics are great. Can't wait to see them!!

#16 Danniellou

Danniellou
            • 815 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 03:26 AM

Great review! Congratulations!!!

#17 Mrs. Martin

Mrs. Martin
              • 514 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:54 PM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Captain Morgan pose! That's a standard pose my hubby and I do all the time! Very cute to see it in your wedding outfits!

Your TTD session sounded exactly like mine! I was so sick with a stomach virus and super weak that day. The minute I stepped into the ocean, my dress felt like it was 100 pounds and with the waves crashing so hard, I didn't have the energy or balance to stand on my own. I only got 3 pics in the water because I just wanted out!!

Your pics are going to look amazing, I can't wait to see them! Diego did my wedding and Vincent did my TTD and I was very happy with them both! So, I can only imagine how great yours will turn out!

#18 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
                • 235 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:19 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MayanButterfly View Post
                  Thanks so much for the review Amanda! Kind of a weird question, but is the dance floor for the poolside reception slippery? My FI and I are swing dancers and I was thinking of getting a dance choreographed, but it would only really be worthwhile the floor was slippery and I could really spin!

Francine
                  The floor wasn't slippery at all. They don't actually put a dance floor down, they just leave a space with no tables. The ground is concrete tiles - just like a typical poolside. If you look in the picture above of me and my bridesmaids you can sort of see the flooring. Me and my dad did a ballroom dance (maybe the foxtrot? sorry, it's been a while since I took lessons!) and we had no problem. Although the better judge would probably have been later in the night when everyone was more then a little tipsy and prone to slipping but we had no falls whatsoever. Also, when we had the streakers they had just jumped out of the pool so they got the floor wet - it dried almost instantly though.

#19 TrishB12

TrishB12
                  • 35 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:02 AM

Hi there! Congrats on your wedding. My fiance and I have been looking at different resorts and this one Bahia Principe Tulum was recommended to us. We are having a tough time finding prices though. On different websites it is more than 1500 for a week per person. Is that how much you paid? We will be getting married at the end of April in 2010 so it won't be high season or anything.
                    Thanks!

#20 BC Bride2be

BC Bride2be
                    • 636 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 01:31 AM

Awesome review Amanda! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users