• Please log in to reply
2264 replies to this topic

#271 mlynnea

mlynnea
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by groom'smom
    Any suggestions for rehearsal dinner? Seems awful to have to pay per person for dinner for guests since they have already paid for all inclusive meals. Anyone doing anything creative to have welcome time for guests, but not pay for meals that have already been paid for?
    Any suggestions for rehearsal dinner? Seems awful to have to pay per person for dinner for guests since they have already paid for all inclusive meals. Anyone doing anything creative to have welcome time for guests, but not pay for meals that have already been paid for?
    I tried to work with Cecilia before we left to reserve something in one of the restaurants for our group. (We had 13 people total). She said that she couldn't make reservations for us in a restaurant, which was quite frustrating. However, I had a friend who went there just before we left for our wedding, and they said that the teppenyaki restaurant, Himitsu, has a large teppenyaki table that fits 14 people, and that CAN be reserved. I thought that sounded like fun, so I set that up for our "Welcome/Rehearsal" dinner and Cecilia took care of the reservation for me. I did go to the concierge desk after we arrived to make sure she actually made the reservation.
    I think another option would be to have them setup tables in the World Cafe, which is the Buffet restaurant. You'll need to make sure that it's open on the day that you want to host the dinner, because there is one restaurant that is closed each night. But that would probably work best for larger groups, and it shouldn't cost you anything extra.

#272 saza175

saza175
    • 84 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:29 PM

mlynnea--i see your profile pic.... looks beautifull!!!!!! congrats! i wanna see more pics lol!

#273 groom'smom

groom'smom
      • 20 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:36 PM

Thanks for that tip, mlynnea. Good to know that beach weddings take place on south side so I can ask for something not far from the action.

#274 groom'smom

groom'smom
        • 20 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

Mlynnea, I see your wedding was in February. Was it all you wanted? Our group will be around 27, so maybe the World Cafe might work for it. Sounds like you lucked out and found a place that you didn't have to pay per person for. Great deal!!

#275 jaccat15

jaccat15
          • 196 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

Hi everyone!
            I feel like I have missed so much going on - I've been so busy!!

For our Welcome/Rehersal - we are doing the beach bonfire but AFTER dinner. We are expecting about 75-90 people so the restaurants wouldn't work for us unless we did it whole event at a closed restuarant. We also would like for everyone to enjoy the amazing food at Secrets and then meet us on the beach for a little party :)

#276 Jeremy_Gilliam

Jeremy_Gilliam
            • 335 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

Hey y'all, Destination I Do featured a wedding I shot for a fellow BDW member (DeBooCL) at Secrets Maroma Beach last year, check it out:
              Destination Wedding Advice from the Editors at Destination I Do Magazine: Real Destination Wedding - Cathy + Dan in Riviera Maya

#277 mlynnea

mlynnea
              • 62 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:20 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by saza175
                mlynnea--i see your profile pic.... looks beautifull!!!!!! congrats! i wanna see more pics lol!
                Saza, I've been procrastinating on my review. I'll try to get it done soon and share more pics. Thanks, Lynnea

#278 saza175

saza175
                • 84 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:44 AM

no rush.... lol - i'm a huge procrastinator...

#279 saza175

saza175
                  • 84 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:52 AM

thanks Jeremy!! nice work

#280 mellyrobert

mellyrobert
                    • 46 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:37 PM

can't wait to hear the review!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users