Jump to content

Photo

Secrets Maroma Brides


  • Please log in to reply
2264 replies to this topic

#1041 nicc80

nicc80
  • Newbie
  • 114 posts

    Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

    Hi CKDawn, 

     

    my wedding is coming up and the first draft of the contract was only recently drawn up.  It was more of a general itemized list and does not say exactly the cost per person.  I am working with Valeria as well.  Did you specifically ask for pricing?
     

    Originally Posted by KCDawn 

    We're expecting about 40 guests.  According to Valeria (and our wedding contract) the charge per guest over 20 is about $105 per person for the Secrets Ultimate package.  It would be a little bit less for the Secrets of Love package.
     

     


    We're expecting about 40. For the Secrets Ultimate package, it's about $105 per person over 20.



     



     



    #1042 nicc80

    nicc80
    • Newbie
    • 114 posts

      Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:00 PM


      HI CKRN, not sure if you have posted about your findings yet.  I am a bit behind on blogging.  Are you considering the on site photographer , if so let me know.  I want to use him but don't know anything about his work and cannot afford a site visit

      Nicole

      Originally Posted by ckrn 

      Hi ladies, I'm on the plane right now headed down to do our site visit. If I find Internet I'll try and log in and update everyone. Today I'm doing my hair/ makeup trial with Adrian from the styling trio, then meeting a florist from Playa Del Carmen, tomorrow I meet with Cecilia at 11 and we also meet with the DJ and the photographer. I'm also going to talk with the florists there. In trying to figure out if it's cheaper to use an outside vendor. So excited!!
      ---
      I am here: http://maps.google.c...4336,-95.333041


       



      #1043 nicc80

      nicc80
      • Newbie
      • 114 posts

        Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:49 PM


        Hello!  That is exactly what we want to do as well.  I am trying to picture where or how the cocktail will take place.  Do people where shoes onto the beach, put them on after?  Are you providing flip flops or a basket?

        Originally Posted by beachbride2013 

        We are doing ceremony and cocktail hour on the beach, and reception at the gazebo.



         



        #1044 KCDawn

        KCDawn
        • Site Supporter
        • 242 posts

          Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

          I asked Valeria up front before the contract was written up what the extra per person cost is and she said it was $105.  The contract has everything broken down, so I added up all the extras and verifed the $105. 
           

          Originally Posted by nicc80 

          Hi CKDawn, 

           

          my wedding is coming up and the first draft of the contract was only recently drawn up.  It was more of a general itemized list and does not say exactly the cost per person.  I am working with Valeria as well.  Did you specifically ask for pricing?
           



           



           



          #1045 kristinalilly

          kristinalilly
          • Jr. Member
          • 182 posts

            Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

            Thanks nicc80!

            I'm not getting married until the end of August, but we had booked the wedding package in October. I don't feel like I really need to touch base with her until it gets closer, but since everyone was only mentioning Cecilia I was starting to get nervous that maybe I should be checking in with her. Happy to hear that you're having a positive experience with her!
             

            Originally Posted by nicc80 

            Hello, Kristinalilly.  I am working exclusively with Valeria.  She is really flexible and responds quickly, especially if you let her know if you are worried about something.

            My wedding is in july. 



             



            #1046 kristinalilly

            kristinalilly
            • Jr. Member
            • 182 posts

              Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

              Now that the holiday hangover is over I'm starting to dive into the wedding planning a little more.

              We've booked the Secrets of Love package and I'm wondering if that was the best decision...

              I mean the extras that you get (that I care about) over the complimentary package are:

               

              - Hair and makeup (which I've heard mixed reviews about)

              - Cocktail hour

              - Reception dinner

              - Photo package

               

              Has anyone priced out or heard of anyone trying to use the basic package and pay upgrade fees for the cocktail hour, private dinner, and photography package (I could do my hair/makeup myself if need be)?

               

              We can cancel the package we booked before the end of the month to get our deposit back so I just wanted to make sure I had really sussed it all out.

               

              Thanks for any advice you ladies can offer.

               

               



              #1047 sillygirl702

              sillygirl702
              • Newbie
              • 11 posts

                Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:42 PM



                Originally Posted by kristinalilly 

                Now that the holiday hangover is over I'm starting to dive into the wedding planning a little more.

                We've booked the Secrets of Love package and I'm wondering if that was the best decision...

                I mean the extras that you get (that I care about) over the complimentary package are:

                 

                - Hair and makeup (which I've heard mixed reviews about)

                - Cocktail hour

                - Reception dinner

                - Photo package

                 

                Has anyone priced out or heard of anyone trying to use the basic package and pay upgrade fees for the cocktail hour, private dinner, and photography package (I could do my hair/makeup myself if need be)?

                 

                We can cancel the package we booked before the end of the month to get our deposit back so I just wanted to make sure I had really sussed it all out.

                 

                Thanks for any advice you ladies can offer.

                 

                 




                I guess it would depend on how many guests you will be having.

                 

                It is a bit early for my final guest count but we are not expecting more than 20.  Right now, we only have 10 confirmed.  With 10, we are going to stick with the complimentary package.  I have inquired about adding on a beach cocktail hour & I was quoted $10/per person plus taxes.  I know if you have less than 15 guests, you can reserve a table at one of the restaurants at no extra charge. 

                 

                If we go over the 15 & have less than 20, then we are probably going to upgrade to the Secrets of Love package & trade out the hair/makeup & photo package (we are using outside vendors for both) for a Caribbean band to play during the cocktail hour. 

                 

                At the moment, the only extras we are paying for is the speaker system during the ceremony (we will be using an ipod for both ceremony & reception if we go with a private one) & for the outside vendors we are using.  I say if you've already put down the $500 deposit, you may want to consider leaving it so it can go towards your balance if you do add on extras &/or spa services.

                 

                 



                #1048 CriCri

                CriCri
                • Jr. Member
                • 225 posts

                  Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

                  Do you have the information regarding the price of the  Hair and makeup from the Secrets Spa?

                  Thank you



                  #1049 KCDawn

                  KCDawn
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 242 posts

                    Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:16 AM


                    I just got a copy of the Spa Price sheet.  Hair styling for brides is $59 and makeup is $49.
                     

                    Originally Posted by CriCri 

                    Do you have the information regarding the price of the  Hair and makeup from the Secrets Spa?

                    Thank you



                     



                    #1050 kristinalilly

                    kristinalilly
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 182 posts

                      Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:49 PM

                      Thank you so much!!!
                      I've been asking about this forever and everywhere.

                      Hmm.... I feel like that may sway me even more towards doing the complimentary package and just paying for the things I'd like; $110 is super cheap...


                       

                      Originally Posted by KCDawn 


                      I just got a copy of the Spa Price sheet.  Hair styling for brides is $59 and makeup is $49.
                       



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users