Photo

Photo Dilemma. Please Advise (Sorry it's long)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 10:53 PM

i just went through all your pro pics on kodak. you really don't have any together! I though I could find some where i could clone other people out. the only walking down the aisle picture has you with your heads down. i hope some guests have some. if you want me to spruce them up in photoshop i can.

would this photographer retake some pictures for you? did she realize that she skipped a major part? maybe to a local TTD with her.

#12 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:04 PM

i just saw in a guests pictures you two on steps & the bridal party around you. i didn't see those in the pro pics, but i think they could be made into B&G pics b/c no one is in front of you.

#13 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:05 PM

I know it's crazy! I kept going through them thinking there had to be at least one...

I have one more person to try to get pictures from.

Maybe we can do anniversary pictures or new family pictures when we get teh puppy.

#14 KLC77

KLC77
        • 2,207 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:23 PM

Oh Erin, that really stinks. I hope that she has something she hasn't sent you yet that will work.
          ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#15 KLK

KLK
          • 205 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 07:00 AM

awww bummer! I unfortunately have heard this story over and over of brides hiring friends/family members to take pics and them not turning out, i'm so sorry this had to happen to you
            ok, so i definitely agree with most people on here, get all dolled up! I know it's a hassle and it's not YOUR day, BUT if you still have your dress, fit in it, you'll never regret it. I have had a few brides call me up and tell me this story and though it's not their venue & the actual wedding day you can get beautiful shots to fill the album. Ask your florist or a local to but a bouquet & boutonniere together or mix it up and let your hair down, add a birdcage veil or make it super edgy and fun, something you may have wanted, but wanted to stay more conservative on the day? It's totally up to you, but i say go for it! Best of luck!

#16 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 11:33 AM

I would retake them. I know your dh hates having his pic taken. I would tell him how much it means to you to have pics that you can hand down to your kids or show your kids one day. Maybe this can be his xmas present to you.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#17 Shay2679

Shay2679
              • 493 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 10:50 AM

I was just looking through some of your pics, and there is one, "New Bowers Family" picture. The area around the two of you is sort of "heart" shaped. You might be able to work with that

I too looked through, for ANYTHING you could use as a pic of just the two of you, and...as has been said...there are slim pickings.

I was talking with Maura about pics when she came to Montreal, and...she and Jose didn't get a picture of "the Kiss"! How does a photographer miss that?

I'm sorry this is happening.

I'm going to add to my photo list now!:S

#18 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
                • 4,853 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 12:38 PM

Hi Erin,

I think it would be a good idea, and well worth the time, effort and cost, to hire a photographer to do a romantic portrait session of you and your husband. Tell him that these images mean a lot to you, and that without them you feel that you are lacking the complete story of your wedding celebration, and that you would like to hand them down to your children. I think that he will probably want to do the session in order to make you happy. I hope he agrees to do the session.

Please let us know what happens.

Best wishes,
                  Tod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users