Secrets Capri - "Official Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
Looks like so much fun! It is beautiful. I might have to come crash your wedding HA HA HA jk
You can totally crash my wedding! I saw your post about needing a vacation :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBride View Post
Good job on getting a nice thread started! I'm sure future brides will really appreciate it.
Thanks! I know SC isn't the most popular place because of the adults-only and size, but I think it deserves a thread :)

Just remembered a few things:

1. the radios in the room have headphone jacks so you can play your i-pod or any other brand mp3 player in your room

2. i wish i had brought more comfy clothes for the evening when it was cool (like a long sleeve t-shirt and another pair of yoga pants)

3. they have daily spa specials posted on the daily newsletter you get, but spa representatives walk around the pool and they have better specials. ex: we got a 50 min. couples massage for $130 total and the next day the "spa special" was a 50 min couples massage...for $200

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am exctied all over again and I am so glad to hear that Alejandra was so helpful. She has really been great via e-mail lately with getting me all sorts of good information. We are still debating between a beach or poolside reception they both seem so beautiful!! Thanks for setting up the thread and all the great information.

Sounds like you had an action packed trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arhoyaltres View Post
Did you see multiple weddings going on at the same time? I have just found out that there will be a wedding at the same time mine is and they are moving my reception to the Deck area. Is there enough space there for us to have tables set up for dinner & a dancing area?
No, there was only one wedding while we were there and it was Melissa's (she said she would post her review this week). I dont know anything about 2 weddings, sorry!

The deck normally has 13 tables...if you look at the picture on page 1, you can see 10 of them. So imagine another row (off to the left) of tables. I can post another picture when I get home tonight. You can also see the entire deck area in one of the pics.

How many guests do you have? I'm sure they know how to set it up so there is room for dancing and food. One great thing about the deck is that it is the most private place of all! It's between the outdoor restaurant and beach, so there is very little traffic. Your guests can spread out - they dont have to stand on the wooden deck the entire time. Unless you have a ton of guests, I think it would be fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasAshli View Post
No, there was only one wedding while we were there and it was Melissa's (she said she would post her review this week). I dont know anything about 2 weddings, sorry!

The deck normally has 13 tables...if you look at the picture on page 1, you can see 10 of them. So imagine another row (off to the left) of tables. I can post another picture when I get home tonight. You can also see the entire deck area in one of the pics.

How many guests do you have? I'm sure they know how to set it up so there is room for dancing and food. One great thing about the deck is that it is the most private place of all! It's between the outdoor restaurant and beach, so there is very little traffic. Your guests can spread out - they dont have to stand on the wooden deck the entire time. Unless you have a ton of guests, I think it would be fine!
Thanks DallasAshli!!! You have reassured me that everything will be fine. smile123.gif As the day gets closer my nerves are starting to really kick into gear. We will only have about 30 guests so everything should be fine. I just had a Bridezilla moment when I heard that there would be two weddings going on at the same time & I knew the resort was not very big (that's why we chose it).

Thank you SO MUCH for all the info AND PICTURES. I am getting married there in June 09 and all the info you gave is SO helpful. You were very thorough with everything. I am going to look over everything again but the only thing yet I was wondering about is the night life...did you get to any of the bars or is there a "dance club" type of place. Just was wondering what the bars, night life was like for our guests. We have about 40 people booked already. thanks ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackris View Post
I am going to look over everything again but the only thing yet I was wondering about is the night life...did you get to any of the bars or is there a "dance club" type of place. Just was wondering what the bars, night life was like for our guests. We have about 40 people booked already. thanks ! !
We didn't really do much "nightlife" while there, sorry sad.gif We're early risers so we were in bed by midnight. They did have a halloween party one night and concert/party another night - both were in the Grand Ballroom. We popped in to see what was going on, but it wasn't our scene so we didn't stay. I think this is their attempt at providing some nightlife. They had a live band and dancing, etc.

The Sugar Reef bar is open until 11:00pm (I think) and Desires is open until 1am or 2am. Dont quote me on that though! I cant remember the hours of the other bars, but I want to say the lobby bar is open late as well. I think Desires is the dance club, but we didn't go there (because I totally forgot about it).

The guests at our wedding are the party themselves, so we aren't concerned with entertaining them. AI is pretty good entertainment for them! Haha.

We are planning a night trip to PdC for anyone who wants to go into town, dance and do the "party in Mexico" thing.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasAshli View Post
Ra'Shunda - your wedding is this weekend! When do you leave (if you haven't already)? I'm so excited for you!
YES IT IS!! I am so excited. I'm trying to work on my planning thread and get all of the last minute things done since we head out bright and early Thursday.punk.gif