Photo

Sandos Playacar Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1093 replies to this topic

#611 sashk2006

sashk2006
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:57 AM

Yes, I have seen pictures with the first dance under the hut but I am just wondering if this is something we need to request as it is not a song Maria needs or anything.

Nemmerz- I am sorry that happened. I know you were still questioning Sandos but I'm sure Secrets will be great. I have never heard of AKIDEMI photography. Glad you are sticking around on the forum tho'

#612 RMBride2B

RMBride2B
    • 126 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:42 AM

And I would also like to know how long do they allow under the Hut?  Is this location available for a cocktail hour or even a reception?

#613 christa92477

christa92477
      • 8 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:55 PM

I had asked Maria about my guests staying in the hut for a cocktail hour while we took pics and she said that was fine. She didn't put a time limit on it.

#614 sashk2006

sashk2006
        • 37 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:18 AM

That is a good idea for occupying the guests while photos are taken. We head out Thursday and our wedding is on Saturday with rain in the forecast :-(

#615 miconnelly

miconnelly
          • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

Does anyone know if they are super strict on the long pants in the dining room rule? My fiance and his guys want to wear shorts since we are getting married at 1pm.....they could always change but I wanted to see how strict they are first!!

#616 annanicole91

annanicole91
            • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:45 PM

My Fiance and I are getting married at Sandos in less than 4 weeks! I can't wait! I am excited but very nervous at the same time. It is just getting all the little details to come together the way I want that makes me nervous. The bringing down the flowers ( I am getting all the flowers the natural touch ones) and bringing down the dresses safely makes me very nervous. I pray everything will work out because I am getting sick thinking about it!

#617 nmoreau

nmoreau
              • 80 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:45 PM

I was just married at Sandos in May 2010 and they have relaxed their dress code significantly from the time we were there in Sept 2009 and when the wedding was in May.

You may just want to confirm with Sandos staff what the policy is now. 

In May 2010 the only restaurant that they required long pants was the French restaurant, the rest were all more casual.  Not sure if they kept that or if  they just happened to be testing a new system.   I know they have done a lot of different things with their restaurants as far as when they are open and where they are located (outside the main buffet and the Italian buffet both you can get by with shorts when I was there).

Best would be to email the customer service off their website or contact the current wedding coordinator to confirm.

#618 dreamyeyez

dreamyeyez
                • 64 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:33 PM

good luck...hope you can share some of your pics.. i am sure it will turn out beautiful :)

#619 Bride-chill-a

Bride-chill-a
                  • 121 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:27 PM

Hi Sashk2006,

I got married there in Feb this year and we did our first dance under the hut, before pictures.  You need to let Maria know that's what you want to do so she can have the music ready for you (you will need to give her the music for that).  That's all!  It's pretty simple.  :-)

Originally Posted by sashk2006 

Yes, I have seen pictures with the first dance under the hut but I am just wondering if this is something we need to request as it is not a song Maria needs or anything.

Nemmerz- I am sorry that happened. I know you were still questioning Sandos but I'm sure Secrets will be great. I have never heard of AKIDEMI photography. Glad you are sticking around on the forum tho'

#620 Pinz

Pinz
                    • 38 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:00 AM

Hi,

I emailed Maria about this and she said that the men could wear shorts!  My fiance was also worried about this!

Cheers

Lindsay

Lindsay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users