those are beautiful, congrats!

#22 KARLA

KARLA
    • 373 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:02 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
      Thanks Karla!
      It does feel good to pick a place, although we're having MAJOR in-law drama right now. Jeff's sister is saying she won't be able to make it, and now his mom and sister are trying to talk us into having a wedding here (U.S.). WTF? (Sorry) I'm just venting- probably should move that to the venting thread :)
      I'm so sorry! It is so difficult to deal with the family dynamics... I hope it all works out for you. I think some people just get in shock over having to take time and spend money for somebody else. We had the same issues with some close friends and some family, but after a while it worked itself all out. At the beginning I really was wondering if it was all worth it, since we were getting so much slack from people. It was definitely worth it to me, and at the end of it all everybody is SO excited to be going to Cabo and taking a vacation! Even the initial complainers.... so hang in there! :-)

#23 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 September 2006 - 06:43 PM

Quote:
      Thanks Karla!
      It does feel good to pick a place, although we're having MAJOR in-law drama right now. Jeff's sister is saying she won't be able to make it, and now his mom and sister are trying to talk us into having a wedding here (U.S.). WTF? (Sorry) I'm just venting- probably should move that to the venting thread :)
      sarah, i agree with karla...everyone was so bummed when we said we were doing a DW because of the $$...but now they are rave how it was the best time...everyone wants to do a group trip every year. also, one of the guys said our wedding was the best day of HIS LIFE...even better than his wedding

and both sets of parents who were at first hesitant now tell all their friends and family it is the best way to go...my cousin now wants a DW.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#24 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 08:15 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by host
        sarah, i agree with karla...everyone was so bummed when we said we were doing a DW because of the $$...but now they are rave how it was the best time...everyone wants to do a group trip every year. also, one of the guys said our wedding was the best day of HIS LIFE...even better than his wedding

and both sets of parents who were at first hesitant now tell all their friends and family it is the best way to go...my cousin now wants a DW.
        I'm just trying to stick to my guns (and fortunately Jeff agrees) that the DW is what we want and like it or not, that's what we're doing. I know people will get over it, and probably show up anyway- I just don't understand how people think they can have so much say over someone else's wedding! It is refreshing to hear that other people have had similar issues and it all came out ok in the end.

#25 KARLA

KARLA
        • 373 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:43 AM

Quote:
          I'm just trying to stick to my guns (and fortunately Jeff agrees) that the DW is what we want and like it or not, that's what we're doing. I know people will get over it, and probably show up anyway- I just don't understand how people think they can have so much say over someone else's wedding! It is refreshing to hear that other people have had similar issues and it all came out ok in the end.
          That's what I love about this forum! I don't feel so alone in my decision, and to be honest, it's comforting to see that I'm not the only one that has such pain in the a$$ family and friends I love them all, but sometimes I really had a good cry over this!

#26 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:16 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by KARLA
            That's what I love about this forum! I don't feel so alone in my decision, and to be honest, it's comforting to see that I'm not the only one that has such pain in the a$$ family and friends I love them all, but sometimes I really had a good cry over this!
            Karla, I sooo agree. Not only such PITA family and friends, but it's nice to know we're not alone in this entire venture. When I first thought about a DW, I knew it was something that was getting more popular, but it seemed kinda unattainable unless you had a super expensive coordinator. With all you girls, we can help eachother out so much. (Sentinmental tear ) I'm just so happy to have found this place- it's so supportive. Thanks!

#27 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:06 PM

Wow Sara, those turned out amazing! So many pictures...what are you going to do with all of them?? Thanks for sharing

#28 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:26 PM

Thanks Christa!
                I'm still picking through them trying to decide what I like the best. It's so hard because so many of them are good! I think I'll make a My Publisher album, and a scrapbook, then just put som 8x10s in an album.

#29 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:35 PM

Or you could wallpaper a room in your house with them

#30 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:38 PM