Sign in to follow this  
sarafish81

Canadians @ Playa Pesquero

ah well - thanks anyways.

I'm also trying to get an idea for cost if we have all the legal stuff settled over here and just have a symbolic ceremony with the dinner at the a la carte restaurant and a dance at wherever they do that. Any ideas? Again - we're looking at March so I know it doesn't fall into their free wedding package season. Not sure how many people we'll have yet - somewhere between 25 and 35 perhaps.

We gave Yaly one of our custom beach towels (that we gave to all our guests) and she just loved it! She gave me a huge hug! We also gave the hairdresser a nice box of chocolates we brought from home. She was so excited and let us know how much her husband and children loved them!

I made an OOT bag for Yaly, with just the pashmina, flip flops and soaps and body spray, etc. and we gave her cash. I brought a curling Iron and lots of hair pins and nail polishes and make-up, etc. for the hair dresser. They both loved them. The hairdresser actually cried while hugging me, it was too sweet.

I didn't bring anything for Yaly, but my mom brought a huge box of bobby pins for the hairdresser. She was more excited about that than the tip we gave her! It was really sweet. She goes through so many bobby pins especially with bridal party up-dos and like most things in Cuba, they are not readily available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafish81 View Post
I didn't bring anything for Yaly, but my mom brought a huge box of bobby pins for the hairdresser. She was more excited about that than the tip we gave her! It was really sweet. She goes through so many bobby pins especially with bridal party up-dos and like most things in Cuba, they are not readily available.
Also an awesome + Inexpensive idea. Thanks!!!
So I'm just wondering how it works as far as music for your reception. I want to bring my Ipod and use that. But wondering how the First Dance, Father/Daughter dance etc is Emcee'd?! Do I get someone comming to do that for me?

We had a beach dinner and the Dj/MC was included in that. We burned everything on to CD's because I was worried that they would not have the right cables for my Ipod, then we would have no back up and I was not chancing that.