Survived Site visits of 21 Riviera Maya Resorts!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 JenniferSS

• Banned
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:14 AM

Well I made it back from my site visits of 21 Riviera Maya resorts!

The trip was exhausting but amazing and I have a boat load of video to go through!

Lomas travel was A+++- they assisted in arranging all of the site visits ( thank you Karla!) and transfers. Professional, courteous and more than accomodating I can't recomend them enough. I booked the private SUV ( which with all of the rain RM had received some of the roads into the more remote resorts such as Maroma an SUV was definately warranted!) The drivers were always kind and our guide Victor was fantastic. He did his best to keep us on schedule while all the time keeping in touch with the resorts and accomodating our every wish!

This was our itinerary:
    Thursday,Oct 23rd:

11:20 - Arrive to Cancun, transfer to El Dorado Royale

Friday, Oct 24th:

Karisma Site inspections

08:30 Pick up at El Dorado Royale
    09:35 Site inspection at El Dorado Seaside
    11:00 Site inspection at Azul Fives
    12:00 Site inspection and lunch at El Dorado Maroma
    15:00 Site inspection at Azul Beach
    15:50 Site inspection at Azul Sensatori
    17:50 Site inspection at El Dorado Royale

Saturday, Oct 25th:

08:15 Pick up at El Dorado Royale

09:00 Site inspection at Riu Palace Mexico

10:00 Site inspection at Royal In Playa

11:30 Site inspection at Iberostar Paraiso Complex ( Lindo , Maya, Grand )

13:00 Site inspection at Excellence Riviera Cancun

14:15 Site inspection at Moon Palace

We also squeezed Valentin Imperial Maya in on Saturday

Sunday, Oct 26th:

12:00 Transfer to Secrets Silversand

The wedding coordinators and sales managers of the resorts do not work on Sundays so we were able to have a down day. This is when we walked back over to Azul Sensatori and met with the owner and GM.

Monday, Oct 27:

10:00 site inspection at Secrets Silversand

11:00 site inspection at Maromar

12:00 site inspection at Secrets Maromar

13:00 Site inspection at Ceiba del Mar

14:30 Site inspection at Sun Palace

15:15 Site inspection at Royal In Cancun

16:30 Site inspection at Excellence Playa Mujeres

Tuesday, Oct 28th:

I'll try to post brief synopsis of each resort and then longer reviews with a few pics later!

#2 JenniferSS

• Banned
    • 1,047 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:51 AM

El Dorado Seaside - this was a suprising favorite. I don't know exactly what I expected but this resort surpassed it with flying colors!

Azul Fives - The rooms are Oh My Goodness gorgeous! The suites with the rooftop lounge areas are worth every penny so that you could have a private party with an amazing view!

El Dorado Maroma -

Azul Beach-Best family boutique AI ! The little touches at this property made all of the difference! Great beach, great ambiance and amazing service. Highly recommend for those with little ones- they even provide babies with their own Azul bathrobe!

Azul Sensatori

El Dorado Royale- gets the vote for best Beach chapel. Also best service! Anything you requested was greeted with a smile and taken care of! The grounds while large were impressive in their beauty and how well maintained they were! The rooms were quite large and the beds were sooo very comfortable! I hated to leave this property!

Riu Palace Mexico

Royal In Playa- again one of my favorites. it's the little touches, great beach, rooms, eats, wedding packages that are flexible, spa and the close proximity to 5th ave make it a sure winner!

Iberostar Paraiso Complex ( Lindo , Maya, Grand )

Excellence Riviera Cancun- One of my favorites, very liberal outside vendor policy and they have an stunning beach, spa and of course grounds. I vote this one of the top Beach wedding sites- private & beautiful !

Moon Palace

Valentin Imperial Maya - this was a hidden gem of a resort!This gets my vote for the best Chapel. I don't know if pictures will do it justice but it took my breathe away! This also gets my vote for the most romantic honeymoon suite in the Riviera Maya- maybe the world! The understated Wow factor here is evident in every nook and cranny.The entire resort just oozes romance and physical beauty.

Secrets Silversand- Southbeach meets Mexico! Modern, hip and trendy this resort was made for those sporting logo'ed swim wear during the day and lounging at the bars at night!

Secrets Maromar

Ceiba del Mar

Sun Palace

Royal In Cancun

Excellence Playa Mujeres

That's it for tonight- as I get a free moment here and there I'll try to fill in and expand the rest!

#3 RedDiamond

• Banned
      • 242 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:57 AM

Wow girl, you have been working! It sounds like you deserve some rest.

Did you bring back photos?

#4 Simistar

• 645 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 05:26 AM

whew! sounds like you might need a good night's sleep:-)

I'm VERY interested to hear what you thought of Secrets Maroma! (am getting married there next month...and since it's so new, there aren't many reviews...well, none actually on this site yet!)

#5 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
          • 1,634 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:14 AM

thanks for the reviews - you have a hard life don't you? suppose someone's got to do it, eh?! i'd love your job!! hee hee

can't wait to read what you have to say about moon palace! :)

#6 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:07 PM

Wow Jennifer, you have been a busy bee! What a schedule while you were there!

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#7 BachataBride

• Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:31 PM

Sounds like a lot of work...but a lot of fun!!!
                I'm sure everyone will appreciate the info!!!

#8 Soon2beTWells

• Banned
                • 125 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

Thanks for the post. What did you think of the progress on Azul Sensatori, and what was your opnion on Excellence Playa Mujeres (we are going to go there for our HM)

#9 emaya77

• 92 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:54 PM

Hi Jennifer,
                    Have you done a site visit to Playacar Palace? My Fiance and I are desperately trying to decide on a resort for our wedding!! We like modern, contemporary, good food with a nice # of redtaurants and bars, and preferably a beach.

If you have any suggestions, and/or have done a review of Playacar Palace, I'd love to know your thoughts!!

#10 lilmisssunshine

• 105 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:01 PM

Wow sounds busy but fun! Any advice or info about the Azul sensatori?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users