Question about OOT Bags/Wedding Favors

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 04:01 PM

I agree...I think just a simple thank you note would be sufficient. Maybe you could just mention "I hope you enjoy the accommodations we have chosen" and leave it at that...don't mention that you've paid for it...like you said, they already know that! If you're anything like me you'll want some kind of favor with your names & date on it so maybe you could do the letter as a scroll buy personalized ribbon to tie it? It is relatively inexpensive. If not, I think just the letter is sufficient. Maybe arrange to have it in their rooms when they arrive? If you really wanted to get into it you could make all the letters personal. "Dear Aunt so & so & Uncle blah blah, thank you for coming all the way from whereever you are from to celebrate this joyous day with us."
    Hope this helps some!

#12 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
    • 1,083 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:35 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by BachataBride
      I agree...I think just a simple thank you note would be sufficient. Maybe you could just mention "I hope you enjoy the accommodations we have chosen" and leave it at that...don't mention that you've paid for it...like you said, they already know that! If you're anything like me you'll want some kind of favor with your names & date on it so maybe you could do the letter as a scroll buy personalized ribbon to tie it? It is relatively inexpensive. If not, I think just the letter is sufficient. Maybe arrange to have it in their rooms when they arrive? If you really wanted to get into it you could make all the letters personal. "Dear Aunt so & so & Uncle blah blah, thank you for coming all the way from whereever you are from to celebrate this joyous day with us."
      Hope this helps some!
      I completely agree with Amanda!! I love the idea of the letter as a scroll with a personalized ribbon on it. Those are super cheap and all over the internet.

#13 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,151 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:09 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lucy106
        and BTW can I come?
        haha damn lucy, you beat me to it! LOL

seriously tho, can i? i don't even require a thank you note! hehe

you are amazingly generous. i wish i was related to you! :)

#14 heather007

heather007
        • 620 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 09:37 AM

Wow, you are very kind to pay for everyone's rooms. And in France? Wowers.

I agree, don't put "paid for the accomodations" in the welcome letters. I like "we hope you like the accomodations we have selected" like the previous poster stated.

~~

#15 reevesbride

reevesbride
          • 212 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:29 PM

Without Question you have totally gone above and beyond for your guest. Anything else you choose to include is totally up to you and you guest should be totally appreciative of what you give them.

#16 cendcar

cendcar
            • 163 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 01:50 AM

Hi!

I had lots of stuff for the OOT planned and did not do anything.

No one noticed, no one cared...and the fact that you are paying for accomodations....that is more than enough of a "Thank you".

If you have time, I would say, do the little scroll notes and what not. If you don't have time, trust me, everyone will be having such a good time that they will not even think about OOT bags!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users