Photo

Centerpieces in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 2009bride

2009bride
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:39 PM

Hi all! I'm getting married at the Barcelo Riviera Maya May 2009 and am stressing out a little on centerpiece ideas. I would like to create my own instead of using what the resort offers but I don't want to deal with the hassle of traveling with everything and risking things breaking (vases, glass, etc).

Does anyone know if there's any arts & crafts stores around the Riviera Maya/Cancun area where I can buy everything that I need instead of buying it here in the U.S.? All I need is a Michaels or AC Moore store and I'm good. Please if anyone knows if there's any of these 2 stores in the area, let me know!! Thanks!!

#2 weddingchick

weddingchick
    • 1,052 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:51 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by 2009bride
      Hi all! I'm getting married at the Barcelo Riviera Maya May 2009 and am stressing out a little on centerpiece ideas. I would like to create my own instead of using what the resort offers but I don't want to deal with the hassle of traveling with everything and risking things breaking (vases, glass, etc).

Does anyone know if there's any arts & crafts stores around the Riviera Maya/Cancun area where I can buy everything that I need instead of buying it here in the U.S.? All I need is a Michaels or AC Moore store and I'm good. Please if anyone knows if there's any of these 2 stores in the area, let me know!! Thanks!!
      there is a costco and walmart in cancun. i visited the walmart (last week) and i can confirm that they have plenty of glass items, including vases.

good luck.

#3 heather007

heather007
      • 620 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by 2009bride

Very good post. I'm getting married at the Barcelo Riviera Maya Colonial in February and I'm facing the same issue. I'm going to email Claudia and ask her if there is a shop in Playa Del Carman, considering that is the closest place.

~~

#4 2009bride

2009bride
        • 14 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:12 PM

I heard of Walmart and Costco in Cancun but I would be in HEAVEN if they had a Michaels or AC Moore store down there. I love those stores, they have EVERYTHING I would need for beautiful centerpieces.
          Heather007, that would be great, please let me know what you find out, thanks a million! :)

#5 heather007

heather007
          • 620 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:44 PM

I just emailed Claudia and asked her. I also sent along pictures of what we are wanting, to see if Barcelo would do it.

~~

#6 June_Dreams

June_Dreams
            • 248 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

I am getting married In dreams cancun and would love to find a place that i can make my own centerpiece or at least get my personal touches over there. Its just getting so expensive to bring alot of carry-ons!! HELP..lol
              <3 <3 <3 Joanna & Orlando <3 <3 <3

#7 morenaindc

morenaindc
              • 221 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:10 AM

ill be anxiously waiting to hear why you girls find out!!!

#8 beachhappy

beachhappy
                • 97 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 01:28 AM

I would love to hear what you find out as well as see what you are planning. I am debating between glass with fruit or glass with sand and seashells & starfish.

#9 heather007

heather007
                  • 620 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:14 PM

Well I'm lost and confused. Ha ha!!!!

Claudia emailed me back and for centerpieces that we wanted [plam leaves with tall vases] it would cost us about $350.00 american each centerpiece. Yikes!!!! So, I got some emails back from florists and they are asking over $1000.00 for minimum.

I'm not to impressed. The Barcelo is charging an arm and a leg for the wedding package but then offer these crappy little candles with cut fruit around them.

I'm debating about just bringing down some candles and such, but I have no idea. I'm thinking that [maybe] because it will be dark out, and my guests will have lots of drinks in them, the candle and the fruit will look nice?

Plus, on a bright side, I guess we are saving some money?

~~

#10 morenaindc

morenaindc
                    • 221 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 04:16 PM

that sucks because we are all paying a lot to get married at the Barcelo. Icnt believe they would charge so much!! INcredible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users