So tomorrow at work we get to...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:33 PM

go trick or treating. :)

If we want to participate we were given a "porch light". Its just a picture of a porch light printed on a piece of paper. We hang it outside our cube and it means our porch light is on. And those people will bring in treats. Candy, baked goods, fruit..whatever your little heart desires.

So Im lame, I just went and bought candy. Im not much of a baker, and am feeling a bit under the weather today. And I spent 2.5 hours of my night at the vet trying to figure out whats wrong with my dog.

I cant believe how expensive candy is. I spent $15 on 3 bags.

#2 Jen_S

Jen_S
    • 3,737 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:39 PM

That is pretty neat your company is doing that!!! I love Trick or Treating!! I hope your dog is ok!!
      Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#3 Anna83

Anna83
      • 288 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:43 PM

That sounds like fun! It makes me miss working at a big company.

I agree with the price of candy. I bought candy last weekend for trick or treating, and it was ridiculous. I think the price has gone up a lot this year, along with the price of everything else.

I hope everything is okay with your dog! Did you find out what was wrong?

#4 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
        • 1,225 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:47 PM

Thanks :) We arent sure whats going on. He has been throwing up and has diaharrea for the last 3 days. And theres blood in both

His bloodwork seems okay, but his platelets are really low, so they sent it to a lab for testing. It doesnt look like any foreign objects are in his abdomen, but his colon is backed up with gas. Everything else looks normal.

He hasnt ate in over 24 hours now

#5 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:48 PM

That is a cute idea!

I bought the gianormous bag of 200 pieces or whatever at Sam's for $10. I really hope we get kiddos at our new house. I cannot be trusted with this much chocolate!

Keep us posted on the puppy! I hope he/she is ok!

#6 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,532 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:36 AM

Oooh that's such a cute idea! I wish my work would do that. Nobody dressed up today or anything. Finance people are so lame! :)

#7 Amarillis

Amarillis
              • 1,913 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:13 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by *Heather*
                Oooh that's such a cute idea! I wish my work would do that. Nobody dressed up today or anything. Finance people are so lame! :)
                I agree... I am in finance too.... pretty lame here too

I am sad to hear about your fur baby!

#8 *Casey*

*Casey*
                • 5,209 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:28 AM

How fun!!! That's such a great idea! It's actually my day off, but this makes me want to go into the office

#9 Christi

Christi
                  • 1,905 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:12 AM

what agreat idea...I'm going to steal it for next year...we do have a pumpkin carving/halloween costume contest though, so at least we aren't completely lame although getting people to participate was like pulling teeth...lol

I hope your pup feels better soon!!

#10 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
                    • 1,225 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:12 PM

Well my baby made it through the night without any accidents, so that is a good thing :)

We trick or treated this morning. It was so much fun. Candy, baked goods, bagels, and more! Some people even brought in those cute pumkin baskets to put their candy in. hehe

P.S. I work in Finance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users