Azul Sensatori Pre-Opening Site Review
Posted 27 October 2008 - 02:38 PM
I want you all to know that I was told that the information shared with me may change as they figure out what works and what doesnâ€™t for weddings at the resort. So please know that what I post now may change later. I think it's best to consider the information below as a way to give you an idea of what they are planning so far. Iâ€™ve also included a few Q&Aâ€™s that I asked.
Our site tour and questions were focused on reception and cocktail locations. So here we go:
- Caribbean Garden Gazebo (20pp) â€“ covered area by pool
- Beach (200pp)
- SKY Deck (80pp) â€“ there will be a wind gauge and they will relocate if too windy.
Indoor backup locations:
- Salon Sensatori 1 (undetermined pp)
- Salon Sensatori 2 (undetermined pp)
- Grand Salon Sensatori (340 pp) both rooms together form an open â€˜Lâ€™ shape
- Caribbean Garden Gazebo (20pp) â€“ covered area by pool
- Roof Garden Lounge (lrg location- cocktails before 3pm â€“ this is the area for the nightly show so time is needed for nightly set-up)
- Sienna Cocktail Terrace (20-30pp) standing area only, no tables
- Sienna Restaurant Private room (40pp)
- â€œWave-around-the-poolâ€ area (lrg location-undetermined pp) poolside
- Plaza (circular area in center of courtyard) very large location â€“ undetermined pp)
- Zocalo Al Fresco â€“ lrg location beachfront by beach BBQ (80pp)
- Zocalo Cocktail Terrace (60pp) poolside/beachfront
- Zavaz Cocktail Terrace (40pp)
- Swim Up Cocktail Bar area (40pp Adult only) poolside
- Chill-Out Terrace (30-40 Adult only) poolside
- Sienna Restaurant Private room (30pp)
- Spoon Restaurant has a step-up elevated platform area (14pp) (this restaurant is same bldg as lobby)
- Spoon Restaurant is where the package included dinner is located (40pp). The dinner can be used for the reception or rehearsal dinner (not guaranteed to be substituted as a breakfast â€“ too busy)
- â€œWave-around-the-poolâ€ area (lrg wavy location-undetermined pp) poolside
- Plaza (dance floor in center of circular area can be there) (80-90?pp)
- Zocalo Al Fresco (80pp)
What about Tapaz Restaurant?
Tapaz Restaurant is off lobby (??pp, cocktails?) I blanked out on this one. I didnâ€™t take any notes. Sorry
What about Le Chique Restaurant?
Le Chique Restaurant (smaller restaurant not available for reception â€“ approx 14 course dinner experience will last 2-2.5 hrs) Carolina called it a "gastro-therapy"
What kind of tables do they use?
The set-up pp counts are based on round tables of 8-10pp per table (I didnâ€™t ask for dimensions of tables). There is an option of rectangular tables through Lomas.
What are the most private venues?
My opinion - Zocalo Al Fresco, Beach, Sienna private DR
What does SKY Deck include?
Welcome drinks, cool washcloths, fans, programs, simple gazebo, seats, wooden runner, and webcam. This is only a ceremony site.
What is the status of Construction/Opening?
They say theyâ€™ll be ready for Nov 1 and I believe they will open. Iâ€™d be surprised if there is access to every single amenity/bldg. Thereâ€™s still a lot of finishing work to do (which tends to move quickly). But itâ€™s certainly much MORE finished than when Abbyâ€™s took pics. There were at least 60 workers that we actually saw around the resort working on various projects â€“ planting more palm trees to painting hallways and working on the details. I saw absolutely no scaffolding. There was furniture in most restaurants and in suites that I walked by. The palm trees are small and will take some time to grow so it seemed that there are very few shaded areas. There are a lot of covered beach beds. I did not go onto the beach.
What is the status of SKY Deck?
SKY Deck has a small wall that covers the ac units towards the ocean (where ceremony is held) however, the ac units facing the back are still exposed. I was told this section is not part of the â€˜availableâ€™ area (though Iâ€™m sure it will be covered later). The glass enclosure is not up yet. The SKY Deck has an absolutely beautiful view.
What are the functions of the US based WC and on-site WC?
I was told that Fabio, Nancy, Tiffany are the US based WCâ€™s. Any questions should be referred to them. They will assist in helping with wedding design ideas, vendors, meals, etc (Lomas). They will provide all approvals and order special order items. They create a wedding plan specifically designed for your wedding. Shortly after you arrive to the resort for your wedding, that plan is then reviewed with you by the on-site WC. It was suggested that you do not plan any excursions on the first couple of days after arrival so that the on-site WC can review the wedding plan with you and to allow time to make any possible changes/adjustments that you wish.
What is the earliest reception start time?
Receptions do not start until after 6pm and end at 11pm.
What to do after 11pm?
The reception will be over but you can visit the bars for any after-party. Though it was not suggested, the honeymoon suites have a fairly large balcony that could easily allow a good number of people to gather there.
What about the Spa?
This is where the bridal suite is. The bridal suite is a private area for bride and bridal party to get prepped, dressed and ready (itâ€™s part of a â€˜packageâ€™ though Iâ€™m not sure which). On a separate note, the spa also has a section for child services that can be supervised by a parent through a window. The individual spa rooms have ocean views.
Can beach beds be reserved?
Are there Beach Butlers?
No. There will be room butlers in the premium section only. Butlers will be available until 5pm.
Can a restaurant be closed down for a private wedding reception?
No. Though maybe. It may be subject to availability.
Expect great service. We were provided with incredible service as we toured around. Everyone we encountered was smiling throughout the resort. We were offered champagne and bottled water along with a cold towel upon arrival, mojitos as we walked through the mojito bar and a fantastic small food tasting in the kitchen of Le Chique (already my fav restaurant) accompanied by pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris (all non-alcoholic). Carolina and Gilberto were extremely professional and excited for this resort to open.
Hopefully, this review is helpful to some of you and I didnâ€™t forget anything. If I can be of more help, please post or pm me.
Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:28 PM
I'm sure we'll start seeing some Trip Advisor reviews soon too!
Thanks again!! I'm excited.
Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:51 PM
I will be there next month when it opens and hopefully I can take lots of pictures.
Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:23 PM
Posted 27 October 2008 - 10:21 PM
Posted 27 October 2008 - 11:17 PM
Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:17 AM
| Originally Posted by jhawkev |
When you said no Beach Butlers, did you just mean for our ceremonies/receptions?
Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:48 PM
God forbid the weather doesn't permit for an outside wedding how did the back up locations look to you?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users