Planning a Bridal/Lingerie Shower!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nicmicj

• 244 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:00 PM

I recently went to a friends lingerie shower and there was a question that was brought up about how to do RSVP's. There were 8 people in attendance out of 23 that were invited. The invitations said to RSVP regrets only - because the hostess didn't want a lot of people calling her if they were attending and only preferred those that were not coming to call. Well she said that she ended up not getting any phones calls one way or another. I would have been a little disappointed if only 8 out of 23 people attending my shower but what is the appropriate way to know who will and will not attend?

RSVP regrets only or RSVP if attending?

#2 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:11 PM

I like RSVP regrets only, but I would make sure that the hostess put her email address on the invitation as well. Lots of people don't like to call someone they don't know to tell them they can't attend a party. The email makes it easier for some people to break the bad news. I hope that helps.

#3 1elephant

• VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

i like rsvp regrets only also, but the people who aren't coming are usually the ones who forget to rsvp regardless! i agree about the email, tho - i hate calling people i don't know.

#4 DallasAshli

• 451 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

I don't think people who aren't planning on attending make it a point to call. That's just from my experience.

I haven't seen a great RSVP method. Neither seems "RSVP" or "Regrets" seems to work.?.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users