Sign in to follow this  
uspoiledme

Jamaica Bride

Hi, my name is Mary and I plan to be married on one of the beautiful beaches in May 2009 in Jamaica. I was hoping to be a Riu Ocho Rios bride but they are completely booked for the month of May so I'm looking for a resort that is as nice and has as much entertainment as ROR. I hear that the Iberostar Rosehall Grand will be opening later this month. DOes anyone have any info. on this resorthuh.gif

Welcome to the forum!

There are tons of great locations in Jamaica. I'm sure you can easily find one. Have you considered a different Riu property?

Hi. I spoke with someone at the resort and asked about the ROR as well as the new RMB. I was told that neither of them had availabilty for a sunset wedding on a Friday or Saturday in May.

Sunset weddings always go first. Would you be open to a Thursday?

Also, from personal experience, you might want to shoot for a 4 or 5 pm slot. This sounds stupid, but when the sun goes down it is DARK! If you get married a little earlier, you ceremony would still be light enough for pictures and you could still get some sunset shots later. Lots of brides did this at my resort.

Hi, Erin. I have spent countless hours researching properties in Jamaica. I'm looking for at least a four star resort that is all-inclusive, can accommodate my 75 guests, was built or has been remodeled in the last few years, has good entertainment, and food and can do a sunset wedding in May on a Friday or Saturday. LOL Is that too much 2 askhuh.gif LOL