Photo

Jamaica Bride

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 uspoiledme

uspoiledme
  • 167 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:53 PM

Hi, my name is Mary and I plan to be married on one of the beautiful beaches in May 2009 in Jamaica. I was hoping to be a Riu Ocho Rios bride but they are completely booked for the month of May so I'm looking for a resort that is as nice and has as much entertainment as ROR. I hear that the Iberostar Rosehall Grand will be opening later this month. DOes anyone have any info. on this resort

#2 jrodsgirl

jrodsgirl
    • 261 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

Congrats! Sorry to hear about you experience with ROR. Be sure to check out the Jamaica forum with tons of info. Best of luck planning!

#3 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
      • Vendor
      • 2,015 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 02:38 PM

Congrats Mary! Good luck with all your plans in sunny Jamaica!!!
        Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
        Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
        Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
        Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
        http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:49 PM

Welcome to the forum!

There are tons of great locations in Jamaica. I'm sure you can easily find one. Have you considered a different Riu property?

#5 uspoiledme

uspoiledme
          • 167 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:36 PM

Hi. I spoke with someone at the resort and asked about the ROR as well as the new RMB. I was told that neither of them had availabilty for a sunset wedding on a Friday or Saturday in May.

#6 GregsBride

GregsBride
            • 333 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

Congrats and welcome!!! I too am a Jamaica bride... Check the Jamaica forum, I believe there may be a couple ladies there with some info on the Iberostar. Happy planning!!
              ~Christina

#7 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:39 PM

Sunset weddings always go first. Would you be open to a Thursday?

Also, from personal experience, you might want to shoot for a 4 or 5 pm slot. This sounds stupid, but when the sun goes down it is DARK! If you get married a little earlier, you ceremony would still be light enough for pictures and you could still get some sunset shots later. Lots of brides did this at my resort.

#8 uspoiledme

uspoiledme
                • 167 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:41 PM

Hi, Erin. I have spent countless hours researching properties in Jamaica. I'm looking for at least a four star resort that is all-inclusive, can accommodate my 75 guests, was built or has been remodeled in the last few years, has good entertainment, and food and can do a sunset wedding in May on a Friday or Saturday. LOL Is that too much 2 ask LOL

#9 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:15 PM

Couples does offer those services. I don't know about availability and they are adults only. We had a wonderful experience with them!

The wedding calendar is currently down, but you can try Jamaica Wedding - Couples Resorts - Jamaica Honeymoon

#10 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
                    • 1,572 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:35 PM

Welcome! Definitely come over to the Jamaica forum!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users