• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Island Princess

Island Princess
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:52 AM

Hey Girls & Guys,
    I need some help.
    Tipping is very unheard of in Australia.
    Just wanting to know how much on average would you tip say a photographer for a 1 hour photo session?

Look forward to some helpful advice :)

Thanks,
    Christie

#2 neen

neen
    • 633 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:37 PM

actually, tipping photogs isn't really standard anymore. I'd think you could use the basic 10-20% of the cost rule for that one...

#3 SunBride

SunBride
      • 1,499 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:40 PM

I wouldn't usually tip a photographer, but I would tip a wedding photographer if they were really good (because they are with you all day).

So in your case I wouldn't tip. But if you wanted to, I don't know, maybe 20$-50$ (this is assuming the cost of the session is like 200-400$)

#4 zorlack76

zorlack76
        • 259 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:18 PM

Also keep in mind that if you give the photographer a good tip, they may be willing to do some extra editing for you, thus, producing (theoretically) better pictures. However, that is just a chance. You could always say to the photographer, "If you give me some really great pics, I'll send you a nice cash tip upon receiving those pics." I wouldnt worry about etiquette so much as the quality of photos you get. Remember, money buys everything (including happiness sometimes) :) I know if I had an extra 20 or 30 thousand dollars, I would be much happier in planning this wedding. hahahaa

#5 zorlack76

zorlack76
          • 259 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:18 PM

Also keep in mind that if you give the photographer a good tip, they may be willing to do some extra editing for you, thus, producing (theoretically) better pictures. However, that is just a chance. You could always say to the photographer, "If you give me some really great pics, I'll send you a nice cash tip upon receiving those pics." I wouldnt worry about etiquette so much as the quality of photos you get. Remember, money buys everything (including happiness sometimes) :) I know if I had an extra 20 or 30 thousand dollars, I would be much happier in planning this wedding. hahahaa

#6 zorlack76

zorlack76
            • 259 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 09:21 PM

Uhh...I dont know what just happened but my message posted 8 times. Sorry.

***MODS - HELP PLEASE***

#7 Island Princess

Island Princess
              • 284 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:33 PM

Thanks so much for your helpful advise everyone :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users