7 replies to this topic

#1 thomalm

thomalm
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

I bought this dress thinking it was "the one" but I changed my mind. It is a beautiful dress and I want it to make another bride happy. I am asking $325 but will take a reasonable offer. Thank you!

Size 10 (Bust 38, Waist 30, Hips 40 ½)
    Wtoo Brides
    Style No. 10003
    Ecru radiant taffeta strapless gown with embroidered motifs cascading from bodice to hem. Sweep train.

DRESS DETAILS
    •train : Sweep
    •neckline : strapless
    •embellishment : embroidery
    •silhouette : princess
    •Fabric : taffeta
    •hemline : floor-length

#2 montegobay09

montegobay09
    • 832 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:55 PM

It's a very pretty dress. I almost wish I hadn't bought mine yet...but it's so hard to choose a dress online when you havn't tried it on.

#3 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
      • 1,209 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:22 PM

True! It's gorgeous!

Someone at work just said the same thing to me when i told her I was selling my first one.
        I think though, if it's a common design# and you know exactly what you want, it's possible to get them cheaper online.
        Like I did with my BM dresses :)

#4 thomalm

thomalm
        • 53 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:12 PM

One of the many things I love about this dress is that it is very true to size. I wear a size 10 in pants from Gap/Ann Taylor/BR and Medium in tops from the same places. Hope this helps!

#5 CantWait!

CantWait!
          • Banned
          • 48 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:43 PM

Just a couple of quick questions:

What's the rule when buying a wedding dress? They suggest buying 2 sizes larger than your normal dress size? If so, I usually wear a 4 or 6 in dresses, so wondering if purchasing a 10 would require such extensive alterations that it wouldn't look like the same dress. :) Wouldn't want that to happen...it's a very pretty dress!

And, may I ask if you ever had it altered before deciding not to wear it?

#6 thomalm

thomalm
            • 53 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:46 PM

I have tried on many dresses and most were bigger than a 10. This one is a 10 and I wear a 10 in bottoms from most stores so I guess this designer does more standard sizing. This dress was never altered. I have read on websites and other blogs that a dress can be altered down up to 2 sized (10 to a 6) without negative effects.

#7 thomalm

thomalm
              • 53 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:56 PM

I have tried on many dresses and most were bigger than a 10. This one is a 10 and I wear a 10 in bottoms and 8 in dresses from most stores so I guess this designer does more standard sizing. This dress was never altered. I have read on websites and other blogs that a dress can be altered down up to 2 sized (10 to a 6) without negative effects. To be safe maybe you could call a seamstress and ask if a dress can be taken in from the standard measurements to your measurements?

#8 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
                • 1,634 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:05 PM

ooh such a pretty dress - i'm sure you won't find it hard getting it sold!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users