#1 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:32 AM

Saturday Night Live - Gov. Palin Cold Open - Video - NBC.com

Saturday Night Live - Update: Palin Rap - Video - NBC.com

Wow, I'm surprised she did SNL. I was camping this weekend so I didn't know this happened until I heard it on the radio this morning.

They are doing another thursday night SNL special after the office. This has been a great election for SNL.

I love the line in the rap "mothers in the house put your hands up, plumbers in the house pull your pants up."

#2 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,921 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 09:42 AM

thanks for posting this! I was looking for it yesterday and didn't think it was posted yet. So funny!

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:10 AM

I think it is great that she was able to go on and make fun of herself but i didn't think she was very funny at all - she looked really uncomfortable.

i loved the rap - that was awesome!

#4 KatyKo

KatyKo
        • 851 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:11 AM

It would have been so funny if she would have actually done the rap. Loved the words though!

I agree that she was pretty uncomfortable looking.

#5 Banana11

Banana11
          • VIP Member
          • 8,841 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:13 AM

Darn work...gotta wait to watch the rap until I get home. I thought Mark Wahlberg was the best part of the bit.

#6 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:47 AM

i saw some of it! I want to catch the whole thing though, b/c i didnt see all of it to see if she looked nervous. im surprised though that it sounds like she was.

i think sarah is cute and im in love with mark walberg. like- for real in love.

#7 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:28 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              They are doing another thursday night SNL special after the office. This has been a great election for SNL.

I love the line in the rap "mothers in the house put your hands up, plumbers in the house pull your pants up."
              I think it is great that she was able to go on and make fun of herself but i didn't think she was very funny at all - she looked really uncomfortable.

i loved the rap - that was awesome!
              totally agree with you, she looked like she was trying really hard to have fun with it, but overall she looked uncomfortable during parts when the camera was directly on her. especially during the part with baldwin in the beginning, yikes.

#8 Banana11

Banana11
              • VIP Member
              • 8,841 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:34 AM

When they panned to Alec Baldwin I was wondering what the heck he was going to say! She cracked a joke about 30 Rock but her timing was off and the audience didn't really react.

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:36 AM

i thought it was appropriate that she didn't really do much. I haven't watched the clip when obama was on, but i heard it was similar that he didn't say much. i'm sure they have to be really careful.

#10 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,160 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 11:38 AM

yeah morgan thats prob true. never thought of it that way. i didnt see when obama was on! i wish i woulda saw that too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users