Beach Ornament - Personalized - with sand and shells in it????

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cherielee

• 160 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:54 PM

where can i buy something like this with a clear ornament with sand in it with shells?

#2 Wisco4

• 666 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:08 PM

Try etsy.com and if you can't find the exact thing. Put a post on the alchemy page with a description..people that can do it will then contact you with a quote.

#3 NJ_bride

• 227 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 03:38 PM

Cherielee, I own several of these exact ornaments. My tree is always beach theme and I buy ornaments everywhere I go. One I know I got on a Carnival cruise and another I think in a christmas store in Mrytle beach. Neither of those helps but you could totally make these! I was in Michael's Crafts last week and they sell the clear balls in every size, the top pulls off and you could buy the mini shells and sand there and fill them yourself. Put the top back on and hot glue. Add a ribbon if you like or personalize with a paint pen. This would be easy and cheap. Damn, had I thought of this before I would have done this as a favor! LOL!

#4 Cherielee

• 160 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:02 PM

HA lLOL....i was considering making them myself...but then i also wanted a box then to give it to my parents....i wanted to do it for parents gifts and i can't rally just give them the bulb...not sure where i would find such a box? lol any hints there?

#5 RosieM

• Banned
          • 97 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:59 AM

We are doing something similar as favors. Here are the boxes we are going to use:

Click the image to open in full size.

Just google clear box and you will find a ton of them. Add a little padding in your wedding colors and TADA!

#6 RosieM

• Banned
            • 97 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:03 AM

BTW here is a thread with some different sand ornament shapes:

#7 Cherielee

• 160 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:08 AM

OK FYI - i have had no luck finding anything on the net so i went to michaels last night and i attempted to make my own...didn't really want to do this but i think i am anyway now...lol....so i bought the balls, shells, ribbon, and i bought a display box that people would buy for a baseball so like a clear box...and sat it inside that box. Now i am going to a beach this weekend and was planning on just scooping up some sand then...but i took some of my blue sand that im using for the sand ceremony and put some of the blue sand in the ball with some shells with a blue ribbon and i think it looks really really good....NOW

i need help as to how i can put our names and date on the ornament? I cannot get in engraved the glass is too thin and also it wouldnt really show up? Im not really wanting to put it on with a craft pen because i don't want it to really look like it was done by us and i don't have nice writing...the other thing is like a clear lable? but not sure if that would look nice or make it look cheap? any other suggestions out there ladies?

#8 RosieM

• Banned
                • 97 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:27 PM

My FI is going to hand paint ours. Do you have any local craft shows were you could take you bulbs and have someone paint it for you?

Or how about getting names and date printed on ribbon?

#9 Cherielee

• 160 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:18 PM

im not aware of any local crafft shows plus i have less then a month...i guess we will have to just write on it i guess?

#10 Amarillis

• 1,913 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:58 PM

Why don't you check out the etching pens... they are really neat, and very discretely will etch the glass on the bulb....

Inland Engraving Etching Pen + 20 Engraver Tip Set NEW - eBay (item 230251894355 end time Nov-07-08 17:57:42 PST)

like that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users