Sign in to follow this  
prettywoman

Getting married 06/09 undecided where in Jamaica

I need help. I'm getting married in Jamaica 06/09 and not sure what resort to go to. I have a Destination Wedding Planner through Destination Wedding.com. She has sent me tons of resorts/pictures to review but some are to much$ or couples only. It's about 36 people that will attend. I want lots of fun, pretty pools, dancing all inclusive, and a beautiful wedding someone help me. I need to decide now. Thanks a bunch!

Welcome to the forum! You're definitely in the right place. There is a lot of info on Jamaica here on BDW. You'll find many wedding reviews & lots of pictures to go along with the reviews. I got married at Riu Ocho Rios & would definitely recommend it. There are other brides who got married at other resorts & had wonderful weddings!

Take your time & pick the one that looks right for you! Remember, this is an important decision. So take a breath & just read away!

Welcome to the forum!

I know the RIU hotels are family friendly. The Grand Pallaidum is new and very pretty.

We were married at Couples Swept Away in Negril. It was wonderful, but is only for couples.

yeah I know, I would love to get married at a couples resort but.....two of my sisters, and a couple of are friends are single..put a dent in that idea.

My resort was ok with same-sex couples. We paired off singles and it was fine. They all had a ball!

If that is the only thing stopping you, I say do a little more research.

I love kids, but it was nice not to have any there at the resort. There were no children in my wedding and the guests that did have kids could not have afforded to bring them - they were able to finally be "forced" to take a grown-up vacation. it's not that we noticed children missing, more that we didn't know they were there. I've been to some resorts and having loud kiddo splashing in the pool is not so much fun, or relaxing.