Photo

Grooms cake

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:27 PM

Ok ladies, as many of you know I have gone back and forth too many times to count about our wedding cake. What do you girls think about just doing a funs grooms cake, maybe since cain and I have Boston Terriers, maybe a cake that has a BT on it or maybe a surfing one or something. I trust you guys will be honest with me. Do you think I should do just a grooms cake or stick with a wedding cake?

#2 LisaG

LisaG
    • VIP Member
    • 7,839 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:31 PM

I say just stick with a wedding cake - just my opinion. Or the cup cakes...didn't you want to do cup cakes??

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:34 PM

LOL Lisa, I don't know what I want anymore. This is the one area that I can't make up my freakin mind and I'm driving myself crazy about it.. lol

#4 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

Tammy personally I would say do a grooms cake only b/c you don't have a lot of guests so you really don't need to waste all that money on a full wedding cake. However, I kind of get the impression that you want a real wedding cake and I think you are going to be sad if you don't get one. So I think you should either get a regular wedding cake or stick to the individual cakes even if ends up costing you. The individual cakes are such a beautiful, classy idea, I think you should just stick with it. Just yell at the baker and make her honor your original contract!!

-Glenda

#5 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
          • 1,430 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:11 PM

Tammy I think you should do either the wedding cake. I mean I like the groomscake but I would personally feel like it was just a regular birthday cake. I have to have the actually wedding cake! Sorry, I hope you figure it out!

#6 LisaG

LisaG
            • VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:14 PM

I don't know if I'm going to regret not putting more thought into it (since all you girls are), but I got my momogram cake top and I'm just going to tell my WC to give me the cake that comes with my wedding package....slap my monogram on top with some flowers.

Honestly, do you think people are going to eat it (mine will be drunk and will not eat the cake), or are you more concerned about what the pics are going to look like?

#7 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:14 PM

Yeah you girls are probably right. Since Cain insists on having a cake I would want it to be a "wedding cake" Hmm I wonder if I can get a custom Boston Terrier and Cat cake topper made. that might be cute.. check this ebay auction out.. kind of like this.

eBay: OOAK BOSTON TERRIER SEA FUN CLAY FIGURINE ORIGINAL BaCi (item 130091003335 end time Mar-23-07 07:24:06 PDT)

#8 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lryates76
                  I don't know if I'm going to regret not putting more thought into it (since all you girls are), but I got my momogram cake top and I'm just going to tell my WC to give me the cake that comes with my wedding package....slap my monogram on top with some flowers.

Honestly, do you think people are going to eat it (mine will be drunk and will not eat the cake), or are you more concerned about what the pics are going to look like?

Ummm Lisa, after all the freakin problems I've had trying to figure out what kind of cake to get.,, Oh they will eat it, rather they like it or not. AND they will fake if if they must, and tell me how much they enjoyed it.. :-)

#9 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                  • 1,430 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:17 PM

Those are really cute tammy!! I think that would be fun for you to have that on top!

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:18 PM

ok, i always thought that the grooms cake was the cake you served the night before at the rehearsal dinner at traditional weddings. i know that it's usually less formal, and more "fun" than a wedding cake.

what is a grooms cake really?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users