Better shapewear than SPANX

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Leia78

Leia78
  • VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:06 PM

...in my opinion anyways. I have the SPANX® 'Slim Cognito' Shaping Mid-Thigh Bodysuit - - Nordstrom and was initially planning on wearing it under my wedding dress. I was shopping at Nordstrom the other day in the lingerie dept. and the sales lady turned me on to TC Fine Shapewear No Ride Hi-Waist Thigh Trimmer 449 - TC Fine Shapewear Shapewear. It has way better control than spanx. It really holds you in w/out feeling uncomfortable. All the sales reps agreed that this brand is better than SPANX...in the "control" dept. Needless to say, I bought. The only thing I don't like about it, is that there's no hole in the croth area. I may have to cut a whole down there so I can go to the bathroom easier.

#2 bumbles

bumbles
    • 574 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 07:16 PM

Thanks for the tip! Your wedding is coming up -- how exciting!

#3 JoLo908

JoLo908
      • 889 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:41 PM

Haha, gotta love that SPANX hole in the crotch... it can be a life saver!

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:13 AM

That's interesting to know. I might have to try it out next time I need some smoothing out.

#5 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 10:45 AM

I'll be interested to hear about the comfort level. I love what spanx do...but I feel so uncomfortable in them

#6 Leia78

Leia78
            • VIP Member
            • 2,459 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:13 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Christa
              I'll be interested to hear about the comfort level. I love what spanx do...but I feel so uncomfortable in them
              Well, it's still a girdle, but I do think the pro outways the con. I have a size small in spanx (and I'm not small at all, by any means) and I still have a belly pooch in my wedding dress. But w/ the TC girdle, my belly is pretty much as flat as it's going to get. This is coming form a girl who is thinking of taping her boobs. Needless to say, it won't be a pretty site underneath my dress.

#7 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
              • VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:17 AM

OMG Leia!! LOL!! That reminds me of a saying an old co-worker would say when someone would tell her how great she looks "it's all girdles and duct tape underneath!"

#8 Leia78

Leia78
                • VIP Member
                • 2,459 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:23 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Christa
                  OMG Leia!! LOL!! That reminds me of a saying an old co-worker would say when someone would tell her how great she looks "it's all girdles and duct tape underneath!"
                  Yup, yup! John is going to be scared on our wedding night! And I'll probably have 3rd degree "tape" burns and indentation marks all over my body...

#9 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                  • VIP Member
                  • 11,403 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:29 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Leia78
                    Yup, yup! John is going to be scared on our wedding night! And I'll probably have 3rd degree "tape" burns and indentation marks all over my body...
                    That's hot! Would it be wrong if I were to ask you to get a pic of all your riggings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users