Jump to content

Photo

Elena Damy


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 KarlaV

KarlaV
  • Jr. Member
  • 171 posts

    Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

    Not to be a downer, but....... I tried to use Elena Damy last year. I even met her in person in Novemeber. We sat down for like 2 hours to discuss everything. Then, I never heard from her again. I must have sent her a dozen emails. Be prepared for a rather large price tag too (think between $3000-$9000!).
    Karla&Ronnie
    Wedding Slideshow
    Engagement Slideshow
    May 5, 2007Westin Resort and Spa Los CabosCustom Stationery and Wedding Invitations

    #12 jak27

    jak27
    • Member
    • 715 posts

      Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:31 PM

      Yeah, I was ready for the pricetag, but not for the no-response! I haven't even met with Elena, we met with her husband (b/c she had just had her baby and so he met us on Sunday morning).

      Too bad too, her work is beautiful, but I think we'll end up using someone from home instead.

      #13 jak27

      jak27
      • Member
      • 715 posts

        Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:35 PM

        And Karla, who did you end up using instead? Just out of curiosity...

        #14 NABUMBAH

        NABUMBAH
        • VIP Member
        • 931 posts

          Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:24 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by jak27
          Yeah, I was ready for the pricetag, but not for the no-response! I haven't even met with Elena, we met with her husband (b/c she had just had her baby and so he met us on Sunday morning).

          Too bad too, her work is beautiful, but I think we'll end up using someone from home instead.
          She also quoted me back when I was first planning. I was working with her and trying to negotiate some things, and then she just stopped responding. I ended up taking her ideas and giving them to my WC who found someone to do my flowers for around 1/3 of what Elena initially quoted me.

          #15 jak27

          jak27
          • Member
          • 715 posts

            Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:31 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by NABUMBAH
            She also quoted me back when I was first planning. I was working with her and trying to negotiate some things, and then she just stopped responding. I ended up taking her ideas and giving them to my WC who found someone to do my flowers for around 1/3 of what Elena initially quoted me.
            Funny you should post...I just found a post you did a while ago about this exact topic...guess she doesn't want our money after all!

            I think we're just going to pursue alternatives, and see what we can come up with using someone local.

            I'll keep yall informed if we ever hear from her!

            #16 NABUMBAH

            NABUMBAH
            • VIP Member
            • 931 posts

              Posted 05 June 2007 - 05:35 PM

              good luck - keep us posted. Mazarte seemed like they were pretty good too.

              #17 NYJen

              NYJen
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,326 posts

                Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:08 AM

                Wow - this makes me nervous because my WC just recommended Elena to me yesterday. Not that I'm even close to talking flowers yet since my wedding is over 9 months away. But this makes me think to just go somewhere else from the beginning and avoid the hassel. Thanks for the info.

                #18 jak27

                jak27
                • Member
                • 715 posts

                  Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:08 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding
                  Wow - this makes me nervous because my WC just recommended Elena to me yesterday. Not that I'm even close to talking flowers yet since my wedding is over 9 months away. But this makes me think to just go somewhere else from the beginning and avoid the hassel. Thanks for the info.
                  Jen, who is your WC? I'm still holding out hope for Elena for some reason...but I'm not holding my breath.

                  #19 NYJen

                  NYJen
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,326 posts

                    Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:41 AM

                    I am working with Varinia from Baja Weddings. My guess is that she has probably worked with Elena before or is a friend of hers. Varinia also told me she's very hands-on when it comes to flowers and decorating. I trust her with this, but if Elena is going to be a problem, I would rather we just go somewhere else. No need to add additional stress for no reason.

                    You do still have some time before your wedding. My guess is that they will probably talk to you again about 2 months before your wedding. But definitely have a "Plan B" in case Elena ends up MIA. Good luck and let us know what happens.

                    #20 jak27

                    jak27
                    • Member
                    • 715 posts

                      Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:48 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding
                      I am working with Varinia from Baja Weddings. My guess is that she has probably worked with Elena before or is a friend of hers.
                      Tell your WC to tell her friend to call us back! Ha!

                      I'm not waiting until two months before, my goal is to be completely planned by September 1 (college football season starts!) so I am making decisions now based on vendors that respond professionally!

                      No worries, it'll all work out! Keep us informed on how it all goes!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users