Etiquette - Include WP for dinner?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
  • 397 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:30 PM

Hello ladies!

So my mom brought up a good point tonight...do we include the WP in the meal count? She's been such a great help, and I would love for her to celebrate - but is this normal? Would she feel awkward?

Just want some feedback! :) THANKS!

#2 Bianca

Bianca
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

If the WP is going to be there for the entire thing, then you should include her for the dinner along with any other vendors that will be there (dj, photographer, etc).
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#3 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 08:54 PM

I'm planning on including my photographer & her assistant for dinner. I hadn't really thought about the WC...she works for the hotel & I'm not sure what role she will be playing throughout the day. Hmmmm...I guess I'll plan for it just in case!

#4 Jen_S

Jen_S
        • 3,737 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:19 AM

I agree all vendors should be included.
          Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#5 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
          • 1,206 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:02 AM

I'm on the bandwagon that all vendors should be included at a non AI resort. I checked in with this yesterday directly with my resort and they said with the WC running around with other brides that day and the staff being staff of the resort... no need to add them into anything because they are working for the resort, even if they are covering your wedding with pictures and whatnot. Check with the resort you have what they think is apropriate.

#6 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
            • 397 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:03 PM

thanks ladies! i asked our WC if she were going to be present during dinner, and if so if she would like chicken or fish! haha she wrote back thanking me for the offer but telling me that she'll be too busy making sure everything runs smoothly and never eats at events....so i guess that solves the case? thanks girls for the input!

all my other vendors (photog, guitarist) will be gone before dinner starts, so we shouldn't include them?

#7 delauren

delauren
              • 84 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

I also agree you have to include your vendors.

You can do a "vendor meal" that's different from the one you're serving guests. For example, if your guests are getting Filet Mignon, your vendor meal could be pasta. Something cheaper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users