Sign in to follow this  
Martha

Fans May Reduce Risk of SIDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony'sGirl View Post
Also, when did you start putting your baby in their own crib at night?? It makes me nervous.. so I haven't done it yet. London is almost 8 weeks old.
Austin is 4 1/2 months, and he is still in his Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper attached to our bed. I'm thinking about starting to put him in his crib this weekend. I just love having him so close to me, and makes BFing in the middle of the night so easy!!

Calia~ Thanks for the info about the humidifier to balance the fan. Austin has the frog one (I'm sure it's the same- didn't look at your link). We just hadn't started using it since he's in our room, but we will now. We have April Air in our furnace, but I'm sure the humidifier will be beneficial.

Martha~ My fan's been going since I heard this info!! I told Kevin if "they" told me to line Austin's crib with Bingo Trolls to help prevent SIDS, I'd do it!!! That one REALLY cracked him up! Seriously, it (SIDS) is something you think about, and realize how lucky you are to have your beautiful baby. It was tragic when the pro football player lost his baby a few weeks ago.

Amy

I love those animal humidifiers! Aiden has the penguin one even though I really wanted the frog one. The store was always out of that when we went sad.gif

Anyway, Aiden slept in my room with me (sometimes co-sleeping, sometimes not) until he was about 4 months and then he went into his room. I definitely wanted to keep him in my room with me those first few months since he was born during the winter and even with the heat on, our house had a tendency to get rather cold.

He did sleep with the overhead ceiling fan on during the summer months.

We originally bought a regular mattress from Babies R Us, but then I found organic crib mattresses (which I had no idea were available) and we sprung for one of those.

Ecobaby Home Page

Welcome to Nirvana Safe Haven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian View Post
I love those animal humidifiers! Aiden has the penguin one even though I really wanted the frog one. The store was always out of that when we went sad.gif

Anyway, Aiden slept in my room with me (sometimes co-sleeping, sometimes not) until he was about 4 months and then he went into his room. I definitely wanted to keep him in my room with me those first few months since he was born during the winter and even with the heat on, our house had a tendency to get rather cold.

He did sleep with the overhead ceiling fan on during the summer months.

We originally bought a regular mattress from Babies R Us, but then I found organic crib mattresses (which I had no idea were available) and we sprung for one of those.

Ecobaby Home Page
Welcome to Nirvana Safe Haven
Ditto everything you said! I love the penguin it's cute. I love the frog b/c he fits in the bathroom sink to refill! I don't have to take it all the way to the kitchen. It fits in his bathroom! I don't know about the others I haven't tried them.

His mattress is also an organic mattress. It's so soft!! Not like the regular baby mattresses that are almost like plastic. I don't know where they got theres I can ask if anyones looking.

Ewwww. I just clicked that link Jessica, roach killer! And I just remembered my boss's mattress won't help you guys b/c it's round. I don't know if anyone on here bought a round crib. So nevermind on that. Haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliaA07 View Post
Ewwww. I just clicked that link Jessica, roach killer!
Huh? Roach Killer? Did I post the wrong link? I have no idea what you are talking abouthuh02.gif

EDITED: Ok, nevermind, I see what you are talking about! I thought I mistakenly had a link for a roach killer product website or something. Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian View Post
Huh? Roach Killer? Did I post the wrong link? I have no idea what you are talking abouthuh02.gif

EDITED: Ok, nevermind, I see what you are talking about! I thought I mistakenly had a link for a roach killer product website or something. Haha!
ROFL! I hate roaches. Totally off topic.....
I took C to the childrens musuem today and they have HISSING COCKROACHES there. It is so nasty. They are behind glass but still its gross. They also have these orange assassin bugs...um why would a bug be called an assassin if it wasn't good? wtf.gif Um no! Totally freaks me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliaA07 View Post
I don't like fans going during sleeping because it can bring on ear infections. I do know this from personal experience. But we use the angel monitor and he has a fan going and it doesn't mess with it. Just for people to know who want to use that monitor and fans.
jackson has used a fan his entire lift and has never had an ear infection...knock on wood.