Photo

Silk petal aisle... how many petals?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ajanders21

ajanders21
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:48 AM

Is anyone doing/ or has done a silk petal aisle?? I ordered 3000 petals which came in today and it doesn't look like its going to be enough. I think my aisle is 9 foot long, if that helps... any advice is appreciated!

#2 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
    • 1,206 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:02 PM

OOOO I don't know I bought 3 boxes at the craft store and since I don't have a flower girl they are going to lay them out before hand... I hope I have enough now... I didn't think about that ... Lets hope someone helps us out!!

We have the same wedding date!!! I'm in at Beaches Negril.

#3 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
      • 813 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:00 PM

For a 9' aisle:

Dense full coverage needs approx 2,700 petals

For border only, approx 900 petals

Aisle coverage per 100 petals - It breaks down to 1 square foot for dense, 2 square feet for moderate coverage.

I got this info from: Rose Petal Quantity Calculator

#4 Kelly C

Kelly C
        • 2,051 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:11 PM

I also got 3,000. So I hope its enough.
          Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#5 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
          • 813 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:56 PM

I actually think I am going to order 5,000. I think its only $50...bettter safe than sorry. Although, I think I am only going to do dense borders with a little sprinkle on the aisle so it could be overkill! I may be giving away my leftovers on here!!

#6 steph_held03

steph_held03
            • 44 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 12:59 PM

Where are you purchasing them from? I've been looking online and everywhere seems so expensive!

#7 KatyKo

KatyKo
              • 851 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:05 PM

I would like to know where you purchased them as well...and how do they not blow away? :)

#8 SunBride

SunBride
                • 1,499 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

I don't understand using silk flowers for the aisle. Isn't it a pain to pick them up after? I woudl think if they were real and it was outdoors you could just let them blow away and disintegrate.

#9 ajanders21

ajanders21
                  • 57 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 10:37 PM

I bought my silk petals from E-favormart (google it)... very very cheap. And, to answer why silk over real...
                    My Jamaican florist said it was going to be 2500 dollars for a 9 foot white rose petal/pink petal aisle to be fully covered. I paid 22 bucks for the same thing in silk, and I talked to the hotel and they said that I could use silk, and said that the gardener would pick them up without extra cost... but she suggested that I tip him for his efforts, which I will willingly do.

Also, I read that real flowers can stain your dress when they are stepped upon.

#10 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                    • 813 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 11:04 PM

I am buying from Silk Rose Petals & Freeze Dried Rose Petals - Petal Garden

I think I misquoted....it might be $50 for 3,000 petals which is still more than enough. I have samples of them, and they are really nice. The WC at ROR will pick them up once the wedding is over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users