Photo

Crap - my wedding dress is the wrong color!!!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:37 PM

Hmmm, that's a hard one. Would the store credit you back your money towards a different gown? Perhaps you can find something that is similar in the right color.

Not having a white gown was HUGE to me cuz I hate white on me. It's a harsh color for me to wear and I know that I would def not be happy if it came in while when I meant ivory. It's a subltedifference, but it really does matter.

Go back and try it on and bring the shoes and veil, and perhaps even have some makeup on and your hair done a little bit. You might feel that the color doesn't matter once it's all put together. Or you might know for sure that it definately isn't ok.

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this though, cuz the dress is a big deal.

#12 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
    • 1,083 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:43 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Kathie
      I suggest doing a hair rehearsal and then go to the shop and try it on with your hair up and your jewelry and makeup, you know get the whole look. I think you'll love it.
      I absolutely agree!!! I am sure once you get everything on ... the 'magic' of 'the one' will hit you again even if the color is a bit more white than you planned.

Hang in there!!!

#13 Jen_S

Jen_S
      • 3,737 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:32 PM

I think you have a good plan give it a couple of days then go back and try it on again if you dont like it you have the option of taking the sample dress. I took the sample dress since they stopped making mine when I went to order it and they cleaned it up like brand new. Good luck!
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#14 *Casey*

*Casey*
        • 5,209 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

OH, I'm so sorry... that sucks! If you love it in ivory, then I would just buy the sample and get it altered since you still have time.

#15 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

Your dress is so beautiful! I think that you should re-order in ivory. I know it's such a pain, but when your about to walk down the aisle you should feel amazing and absolutely love your dress, and how you look in it, not thinking about how you wish it was ivory.

#16 Christi

Christi
            • 1,905 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:07 PM

That sucks big time...is it possible to have it dyed ivory? Here's a company in NY that may be able to help...Fabric & Garment Dyeing Services - Fabric Over Dyeing for Apparel

#17 SAM

SAM
              • 542 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:16 PM

I agree with Kathie, do your hair/make-up just like you plan on wearing it along with jewerly, shoes and veil and try on your dress. This might give you the feel.

#18 LisaMark

LisaMark
                • Banned
                • 125 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:55 AM

If you do need to look for a similar dress because you decide you need it to be ivory, I recommend David's Bridal as you can buy right off the rack and they have so many styles! That way you know exactly what you're leaving with.

I'm sure the white will look gorgeous on you either way - and the matching veil is definitely a bonus!

Don't forget - the reason you're so upset right now is because you had a certain expectation of your dress and now the dress is different - doesn't mean it's bad, just different, so in time you may adjust to it.

#19 Mystic

Mystic
                  • 254 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:14 AM

That really sucks
                    Don't forget - the reason you're so upset right now is because you had a certain expectation of your dress and now the dress is different - doesn't mean it's bad, just different, so in time you may adjust to it.
                    This is what I was about to say, too. Maybe after your initial disappointment passes and you get used to the possibility of keeping the white dress, you might actually decide you like the white. My biggest concern with reordering would be that something could not go as planned and the dress wouldn't come on time.

Color aside, the dress is gorgeous!!! I don't think it would be possible for you to not look perfect on your wedding day in that!

#20 OROBride1008

OROBride1008
                    • 417 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 01:38 PM

WOw. I think that dress is gorgeous. Weather white or ivory, you will look amazing in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users