Photo

So Frustrated

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Blkatz

Blkatz
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:24 AM

So-the past 24 hours have been so stressful.
    Monday night we are all sitting around eating dinner at FMIL's house and Jay's grandmother says that since she has given him so much in the past she is not giving us a wedding gift Who says that? Let me tell you what she has given him-she gave him $10,000 for a down payment for our apartment. I wish I could give her a check for the money so she can stop bringing it up. Then, we are slowly finding out that everyone who said that they are comign to the wedding are not going-which sucks because based on the number of people we expected I hired a DJ for $1500...and I can't cancel him and eat the money so we are going to have a DJ for 20 people-I mean how dumb is that going to look
    Ugh-I hate people sometimes!!!!

#2 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
    • 1,634 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:30 AM

wooow thats murder about the dj...i'm not going to confirm anything until everyone is booked up!lol luckily coming from the uk i've told everyone we would be best booking together.

And thats horrible that his gran has brought that up - it was really generous of her to give it in the first place, but a gift should never be brought up over and over again!

#3 JHarwood2Be

JHarwood2Be
      • 687 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:34 AM

I'm sorry that you are becoming frustrated. It sucks that grandma was so blunt about it. 10G is a lot of money, so I can understand not giving a separate wedding gift. It does suck though if she is constantly holding it over your head.
        As far as people not coming to the wedding, you never know. There may be some peeps that decide later that they are going. My wedding is about the same time as yours. I have learned to have no expectations about who is going.
        Good luck to you!
        Photography by Tamm's Photos
        http://www.ezticker.....aya/ticker.png

#4 JoLo908

JoLo908
        • 889 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:37 AM

Isn't that great when people hold things over your head? Like I helped you out, well, if it were such a burden and you are going to bring it up all the time to make us feel guilty(Grandma), then don't do it!

As for the DJ, have fun with the people who are coming! You could have 5 people and have a great time! Don't worry, you guys will be getting married and be happy... things will work out!

#5 Blkatz

Blkatz
          • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:42 AM

I just feel like if it is a gift, then it is a gift.
            Thanks for the advice and thoughts ladies

#6 latinbeauty

latinbeauty
            • 117 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:01 AM

Wow! Why is it that family members are so awful when trying to plan a wedding? Why is it that they feel so entitled to? I don't know. Just brush it off - its not worth the fustration.
              Some people persue happiness, others make it -Unknown
              http://ticker.7910.o....nJpZWQgSW4.gif

#7 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
              • 933 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:03 AM

i am sorry that you are upset! i wanted to tell you something to cheer you up, we had 25 people at our wedding and we had a DJ. It was the best night of my life. We had so much fun! Of those people, 12 of them were younger, but even the older ones danced. don't worry, it will be fun, if you make it fun. just make sure to have the DJ play "party-starting" songs. I see that you are also a Philly girl. Our DJ played "living on a prayer" and that got our whole crowd singing and dancing. (I think that it is a requirement to sing BOn Jovi at the top of your lungs if you are from this area.)
                My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#8 Blkatz

Blkatz
                • 1,025 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 11:39 AM

We love Bon Jovi-it is on our must play list!
                  It does make me a bit calmer knowing you had 25 people and the DJ also

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users