How much are you paying?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:42 PM

Sorry to be nosy, but I'm trying to get a general idea of how much we need to expect the wedding to be (including ceremony, reception, flowers, cake, etc.). Not including your vacation fees, how much do you guys plan on spending? Our travel agent told us to set aside around $3k at the most...

Thanks in advance for your help!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#2 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
    • VIP Member
    • 2,347 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:48 PM

It depends on how many people you think will attend and where you are having it. I've seen some budgets run $10-20K in Mexico. We're estimating 50 guests for our with a pricetag of $4000 for wedding with cocktail/appetizer with sit down dinner in a resort restaurant plus favors, welcome bags, flowers, etc.... That doesn't include any welcome/rehearsal dinners, our travel, our rings, our attire or our attendant gifts.

#3 MelissaH

MelissaH
      • 1,724 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:50 PM

We're paying $1700 for our wedding package (ceremony, 3 hr reception, my bouquet, FH's bout, cake, music at ceremony, 1/2 massage for both of us, breakfast in bed next morning, 2 bottles of champagne forafter the ceremony, gift delivered to room, and a whole bunch of other yummy stuff) which includes 20 people.
        Then $600 for the extra 24 people on top of that first 20.
        $40 for the judge's transportation, $180 for our blood tests, $35 for our apostille seal
        $104 for extra flowers (MOH's bouquet & GM's bout, corsage for mom, bout for dad)
        $54 for 3 extra botles of champagne
        and then probably around $250-300 in tips

I think that's it other than our favours and that kind of stuff.

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:56 PM

Check out some of these threads - you can get a great idea for what people are spending. Don't worry about asking - that's what we're all here for!

http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t933
          http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t2105
          http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1495

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:58 PM

Great thanks. Btw, I estimate we will have anywhere from 15-30 people. It's hard to know since we haven't even told anyone yet!

We were originally looking at a little boutique wedding hotel (Playa Fiesta) in PV which would have run us around $10-15k (Yikes!!!). But then our travel agent told us some great things about Playa del Carmen and their wedding packages, particularly the Iberostar resorts. If we could keep it under 5k that would be great!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:09 AM

Btw, luckily my hairdresser is a friend and she is going to pay to fly herself to our wedding to do my hair and makeup as her gift to us! And my uncle is an AMAZING photographer so I'm going to ask him to do our photos. I'm hoping this will save us some mula.

After reading those other threads, I'm beginning to get nervous! I think we will have to push it off til Summer of '09...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#7 LadyP

LadyP
              • 3,156 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:08 AM

Where are you getting married

#8 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:48 AM

Our TA recommended the Iberostar Tucan in Playa del Carmen. We are planning a "site visit" trip down there in June to check it out as well as a few others...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#9 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 11:52 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by mexicomelissa
                    We're paying $1700 for our wedding package (ceremony, 3 hr reception, my bouquet, FH's bout, cake, music at ceremony, 1/2 massage for both of us, breakfast in bed next morning, 2 bottles of champagne forafter the ceremony, gift delivered to room, and a whole bunch of other yummy stuff) which includes 20 people.
                    Then $600 for the extra 24 people on top of that first 20.
                    $40 for the judge's transportation, $180 for our blood tests, $35 for our apostille seal
                    $104 for extra flowers (MOH's bouquet & GM's bout, corsage for mom, bout for dad)
                    $54 for 3 extra botles of champagne
                    and then probably around $250-300 in tips

I think that's it other than our favours and that kind of stuff.
                    Hi Melissa - Thanks for the breakdown. Where are you getting married?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

#10 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,347 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:04 PM

Hi Jaime---
                      Hey, you and I are both in Dallas! I'm getting married at Iberostar Lindo in January too!

I would also recommend Moon Palace. I know there are several MP brides on here. They have a package where you can get the wedding for free if you book 10 rooms. You can also do a reception dinner in one of their dining rooms to keep costs low.

Another resort I had looked into was Marival Club & Suites. I couldn't find a whole lot of photos of the resort on any websites, but I came across a bride who got married there and she answered a ton of questions for me. Basically, she purchased a wedding package for $1300 and it included everything: cermony, dinner on their terrace for all the guests, flowers, etc... Her wedding was very nice also from the photos she sent me. And the plus side of their resort is not terribly expensive for guests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users