Photo

My DIY menus, programs, luggage tags, door hangers, postcards, thank yous

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#81 ErikDaGenErik

ErikDaGenErik
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

very nice!!! I love the luggage tags!!! I have been searching so many sites to get cheap ones. Now I know i could just order them as business cards! Yay!!!

Where do I find cheap plastic clear sleeves

#82 ~Kate~

~Kate~
    • 329 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by sunandrun
      Kate,
      I love your postcard idea...I am planning on stealing the idea, however I can't seem to get my logo on the postcard. How did you download yours? Everytime I try I get a white box around mind. Thanks!
      I had this happen too. To be honest, I can't really remember how I fixed it! I designed my logo in Photoshop, and I think I had to do something like save the jpeg as a transparency or something, so that the cropped oval didn't have a white square background. There was also a way to crop that I wasn't using that would have worked....I'm sorry I can't be more help!! I do remember that I eventually found the answer by googling "crop oval in photoshop" or something.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ErikDaGenErik
      very nice!!! I love the luggage tags!!! I have been searching so many sites to get cheap ones. Now I know i could just order them as business cards! Yay!!!

Where do I find cheap plastic clear sleeves
      I got them off Amazon - check Beck's thread here for really great directions on which ones to order:
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t23345
      They were the cheapest I could find, even with shipping, etc. However, I know people get them from Staples and other places like that too.

#83 nickicolb123

nickicolb123
      • 137 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

Your colors are so pretty together! Good idea with the postcards

#84 fitnessfi

fitnessfi
        • 34 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:42 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by sunandrun
          Kate,
          I love your postcard idea...I am planning on stealing the idea, however I can't seem to get my logo on the postcard. How did you download yours? Everytime I try I get a white box around mind. Thanks!
          To get rid of the white box around your logo, you need to save the image as PNG (Portable Network Graphic). When you go to save the image, click on transparency and choose the same colour of the background that you want transparent. It should save the image not the colour background that you chose. I am using Paint Shop Pro, which is a great program.
          Best of luck!
          F x

#85 merocket59

merocket59
          • 937 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~Kate~
            I got them off Amazon - check Beck's thread here for really great directions on which ones to order:
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t23345
            They were the cheapest I could find, even with shipping, etc. However, I know people get them from Staples and other places like that too.
            I got mine off amazon too but if you have an office depot closing near you that is another place to look, I found horizontal ones at the one closing near me and scooped them up to use for room card holders. They are advantus badge holders.

#86 Candice

Candice
            • 223 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

Wow looks like you did a lot of work! They all look great!!
              50 Adults & 5 Kids Booked!

#87 Monkbridetobe

Monkbridetobe
              • 49 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

Very nice!! I love your ideas!

#88 Ayita

Ayita
                • 861 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:29 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ~Kate~

Here are our doorhangers to go in our oot bags. I know that there are safety concerns with guests using these, but since it will really only be our guests are our resort (with “takeover”), this isn’t a concern for us. If you’re at a big resort, note that these are not recommended! I’ll either cut a circle in the top to go over the doorknob or put a hole with a ribbon loop…Thanks to Kate (LALA) for this idea!

Click the image to open in full size.
                  Front
                  Click the image to open in full size.
                  back
                  Raaa. Do you have templates for these ? I would love to steal your idea, yes, iit would be delightful :)

#89 rdhbride

rdhbride
                  • 313 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:35 PM

awesome stuff!!!! great info to borrow

#90 LAURENANDBILL

LAURENANDBILL
                    • 391 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:45 PM

wow everything looks great

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users