Cabo Boutique Hotel

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sdbtrflygrl

sdbtrflygrl
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:03 PM

Hi Guys,

Our Cancun wedding is being derailed so we decided to look into moving our location to Cabo which is much closer to where we live.

We are having a small wedding with about 35-40 people.

Does anyone have any suggestions for smaller boutique hotels? We like AI hotels only we don't want somewhere huge since our wedding is so tiny.

We want something upscale and beautiful.

Also we don't want somewhere that requires all guests to stay at the wedding hotel...

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

#2 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:23 AM

Would you consider doing a villa reception (so not part of a hotel)?

Our ceremony and reception is at the Imperial Suite at the Fiesta Americana - it's a separate house that's part of the resort but off to the side, and it has a private backyard right on the beach. So the hotel still caters it but it's private and non-AI. Neither us nor our guests are staying at that hotel.

Let me know if you want more info about it! I know there are also other girls that are doing villa receptions where you rent a villa and have it catered in the backyard, so maybe that would work for you as well?

#3 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
      • 672 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

Depending on how upscale you want to go, Ventanas is my favorite. We are gettin married at our new property which is going to be equivalant in style, service, and luxury called Capella Pedregal (opening in December). Another very cute one is the Pacifica Holistica Retreat & Spa. One & Only is amazing, but they require all guests to stay onsite so that is difficult. Happy Planning

#4 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,532 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:24 PM

Hey Kerry - so are you doing it like in a backyard of one of the residences?

#5 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:26 PM

Heather - did they tell you how many guests would fit in the Imperial Suite? I guess I'm asking what the max is so it is not too crowded.

#6 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,532 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:32 PM

I think if you do buffet, the max is 70, but if you do a seated dinner, the max is 90-100. I'll have to double check but that's what I remember!

#7 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
              • 672 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:09 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by *Heather*
                Hey Kerry - so are you doing it like in a backyard of one of the residences?
                We have one of the residences on the beach (fractional Ownership) so we are using 4 of the 3 bedroom houses for our family to stay in. We want the ceremony to be on the beach (we are 95% sure). We are going down for our first visit at the grand opening 12/20 so we are going to finalize the location of wedding, cocktail, and reception at that time. I may still do it at the top of Pedregal in the "rec" center if it is compeleted in time (as it will have views of pacific, cabo, and sea of cortez.

#8 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,532 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:22 PM

Wow, that sounds amazing! can't wait to hear all about it when your day comes :)

#9 sdbtrflygrl

sdbtrflygrl
                  • 73 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:45 PM

Heather I love that suite! Where are you having your guests?

Do you mind sharing if there is a site fee or what the catering costs run...PM me if you can.

Also Kerry Pedregal looks amazing too.

It looks like we really need to do a Cabo site visit now...we just got back from Cancun and had our place all picked out and now we are having issues with people going that far so we are thinking Cabo might be an option...

THANK YOU guys so much!

Heather

#10 Janet

Janet
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,459 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:32 AM

The Cabo Surf is a boutique hotel but perhaps not upscale enough? It's very possible to have a fabulous wedding there. They combine a chill atmosphere with class and great food really well. But it's no Ventanas/Esperanza/Pamilla or anything...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users