Chop my hair?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:40 PM

Maura,
    i am against the grain but i LOVE your hair long - i would leave it long at least until the wedding and then cut it (if you must!) xoxo

#22 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,328 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

i love it longer! it looks so nice and silky- i love it!

#23 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:02 PM

I think you should keep it at least til after the wedding. I chopped mine off ago awhile back and LOVE it but am now having to grow it out for the wedding.. booooo!

Apparently it's kind of a pain to style short hair for weddings (according to my hairdresser)... but then again, that's for a beach wedding. where it will be hot. and very humid.

I guess it all depends on what kind of cut you're going to get... a bob? funky?? Either of those could work - just style it like you normally would (I like to funk mine up a bit by flipping my head upside down and blowdrying it, then flipping both sides over each way and blowdrying that way, then using my fingers to pull the hair forward and curl at the same time. Then I use a curling iron to set a curl in my bangs, and then add some gel to get the ends how I want them. Oh and volumizer is a must for me with short hair!) Now doesn't that sound confusing!!! Hah! That's why I say keep - plus I think you look absolutely fab in those previous wedding pics!

Hope that helped somewhat...

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#24 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:09 PM

I love your long hair - but this is coming from someone who has had short hair all her life and just recently has been able to let it start growing long.

If you cut it ahead of time, you can still put it up for the wedding, though. My hairdresser was great at pinning up my shorter hair and it always looked phenomenal.

#25 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:10 PM

you guys are so funny, half of you want me to keep it long, half say chop it!

here's what i'd do with my hair for the wedding in nov as long as i dont cut it (this is my TTD teaser pic)
          Click the image to open in full size.

#26 Leia78

Leia78
          • VIP Member
          • 2,459 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:14 PM

You are so cute Maura either way. But I say chop it! A nice sleek bob is always chic!

#27 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:16 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Maura
              you guys are so funny, half of you want me to keep it long, half say chop it!

here's what i'd do with my hair for the wedding in nov as long as i dont cut it (this is my TTD teaser pic)
              Click the image to open in full size.

Oooh I like this pic! I say def. keep it - I love your hair that way, very pretty & elegant! Plus, no surprises to deal with!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#28 Christi

Christi
              • 1,905 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:17 PM

a short bob with side swept bangs would look adorable on you...here's a site to try different hairstyles...Hairstyles, Celebrity Hair Styles and Haircuts | TheHairStyler.com

#29 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:48 PM

Maura - if it makes you feel any better about keeping it long for now...I'm chopping my hair tonight! So I will take the hit for you now, and you can take it later (after the wedding). How's that?

#30 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,752 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:55 PM

sweet....christa youll have to show me a pic then for when i do get my cut so i can get some ideas!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users