Photo

ribbon wands

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mandalaybay3071

mandalaybay3071
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

Hi girls! We are getting married on the beach and since it's always windy on the beach I have ruled out rose petals to throw as they will probably just take flight and fall to the side. I don't think bubbles are my thing so I'm thinking about doing ribbon wands. My question(s) is has anyone used them for their wedding and do you have pics? Did you order them? If so, where? If you made them yourself do you have instructions on how to assemble? Thanks!!
    Mandy

#2 adias.angel

adias.angel
    • 719 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:00 PM

What a cute idea!

I found the instructions you need to make your own:
      Click the image to open in full size.

Not a wedding but I love the how its colored:

By the way, noticed your username. Are you getting married in Vegas by chance? My FI LOVES Vegas! Has ever since he was a kid. We actually were considering having our wedding there at one point.

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:01 PM

I ended up using rose petals and they were fine.

My original plan was to use streamer cups:
        http://bestdestinati.../forum/t17420-2

But, they were a little pricy and you can end up getting tangled in the ribbons.

#4 BachataBride

BachataBride
        • Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:15 PM

LOVE this idea!! I think I may vary it to incorporate with the sandalwood fans I have ordered! (Add to Cart) I may fix the ribbon (personalized with our names, location & date!) to the end of the fans & use them as the dowels!! Oh my...I'm so excited!!!

#5 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
          • 5,681 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:45 PM

Wow very cute idea, wonder what would travel better the sticks for these or bubbles?

#6 mandalaybay3071

mandalaybay3071
            • 58 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:58 PM

As far as the wands traveling....a friend suggested buying one of those hard wine gift bag/holder type things......wow, i just can't seem to find the word I'm looking for. In other words, it's basically a hard canister. She said to buy one of those or two depending on the number of wands you make and put all the wands in there - that way, it protects them from getting broken in your suitcase. Not sure about bubbles....we are putting all our decorations, oot bags, etc in one suitcase so I would be worried about putting any liquid in my suitcase.

#7 cincin

cincin
              • 109 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:02 AM

This is a great idea. I was trying to think of something else also besides the bubbles, but I'm not for sure what to do.

#8 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
                • 5,681 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:24 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mandalaybay3071
                  As far as the wands traveling....a friend suggested buying one of those hard wine gift bag/holder type things......wow, i just can't seem to find the word I'm looking for. In other words, it's basically a hard canister. She said to buy one of those or two depending on the number of wands you make and put all the wands in there - that way, it protects them from getting broken in your suitcase. Not sure about bubbles....we are putting all our decorations, oot bags, etc in one suitcase so I would be worried about putting any liquid in my suitcase.
                  :) I know exactly what you mean!! GOOD IDEA!! Didn't think of that!! Thanks!! Wonder how much they will cost to make approx? Anyone know?

#9 DLyteful

DLyteful
                  • 879 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:41 AM

This is such a cute cute idea and will look great in pictures (which is what counts the most, right).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users