Photo

What is TTD?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 mandalaybay3071

mandalaybay3071
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

Okay, please don't bash me for not knowing this......everyone keeps talking about the TTD which is trash the dress I assume. What is this? Why do you have a TTD?

#2 clmarti1

clmarti1
    • 207 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:43 PM

I'd like to know this also...

#3 Kat81

Kat81
      • VIP Member
      • 7,615 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:47 PM

Trash the Dress... where you wear your dress into the water or through the jungle or whatever.

#4 KatyKo

KatyKo
        • 851 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:47 PM

TTD is Trash the Dress. It is a photo session where you and your Hubby get together and do a photo shoot, whether it be walking around the town near your resort, on the beach and in the ocean or some even jump in a pool or a river.

I don't think it really "trashes" the dress, but it is a way to have some fun with your new husband, the day after your wedding in your dress.

#5 mandalaybay3071

mandalaybay3071
          • 58 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:53 PM

Thank you! Huge relief! That's what I thought it was. Sounds like a really fun idea. Now do you use your original wedding dress or do you buy a second one that you wouldn't mind destroying? I haven't bought my dress yet b/c I'm not getting married until July but so far I'm thinking about wearing a short dress, very casual. I have found a couple of cute ones online by Mori Lee and Casablanca.

#6 Kat81

Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:57 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mandalaybay3071
              Thank you! Huge relief! That's what I thought it was. Sounds like a really fun idea. Now do you use your original wedding dress or do you buy a second one that you wouldn't mind destroying? I haven't bought my dress yet b/c I'm not getting married until July but so far I'm thinking about wearing a short dress, very casual. I have found a couple of cute ones online by Mori Lee and Casablanca.
              I bought a second dress for mine because I was afraid my wedding dress would be too heavy wet. I am going to sell it soon though if you need one. I think it is a size 4?

#7 sstotz

sstotz
              • 298 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:12 PM

Hey! I was wondering the same thing! Thank you!..and where do we go to find dresses that people previously wore for their ttd.. I cant destroy mine that im actually wearing (couture)..thank you!
                ~Soon to be Shanny May
                June 20th, 2009
                Cabo San Lucas, MX

http://ticker.7910.o....nRkb3duISE.gif

#8 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:15 PM

TTD or Trash the Dress was originally meant to be symbolic. It is the way a bride shows that the mariage to her husband is forever...she will never need the dress again so she trashes it. I think its a great concept...not to mention makes amazing photos!!

#9 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:15 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sstotz
                    Hey! I was wondering the same thing! Thank you!..and where do we go to find dresses that people previously wore for their ttd.. I cant destroy mine that im actually wearing (couture)..thank you!
                    Ebay or there is a section on here where you can post things for sale or things you need to buy.

#10 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:18 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sstotz
                      You could also look at getting a white/ivory BM dress.
                      I think I'm going to use my wedding dress for TTD but buy a cheap BM dress in white for my AHR (well...backyard BBQ!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users