Sign in to follow this  
barrow

August 2009 brides

Hi!!

Sorry I haven't been on .. been crazed at work and wkend was busy!

Ok, so I am going on Friday to try on all these dresses at one place (gotta love working in Manhattan and living close to it ..) and then we are hitting a few more places after that!

BTW, sorry I tried to put in all the images, but the Watters website wouldn't let me. =(

Let me know what you all think fellow August brides!

1)

I'm not positive of.. but MOH is insisiting I try it on.

EdenBridals: Wedding Dresses, Bridal Gowns, Bridesmaid Dresses, Wedding Gowns Wedding dresses: Informal bridal gown: Eden Informals: style 1139

Click the image to open in full size.

2)

Destination Bridal Style 1002: The Dessy Group

3) This one is a bit too frilly for my taste, but my BP loves it.. so Im gonna try it!

Destination Bridal Style 1006: The Dessy Group

4)

Watters Brides | Bridal Gown Collection | Style 5096B | Silk charmeuse bias gown with halter neck and freshwater pearl strands at neckline. Sweep train. Available in floor length or extra length.

5)

Watters Brides | Bridal Gown Collection | Style 7018B | Mousseline silk chiffon bandeau halter with crystal orchid flower pin, shirred bodice and bias skirt. Available in floor length or extra length.

6) LOVE the back of this one!

Watters Brides | Bridal Gown Collection | Style Amalfi | Silk charmeuse shadow stripe gown with criss-cross tie spaghetti straps and bias skirt. Sweep train.

7) This one is my fave.. so far.. LOVE the back..

Watters Brides | Bridal Gown Collection | Style Brescia | Silk mousseline chiffon v-neck gown with shirred front and low back and beaded mousseline chiffon flowers at empire. Sweep train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnyhun921 View Post
Am I the only August 2009 Jamaica bride? Did I make a mistake with choosing Jamaica in August?smile35.gif
You absolutely did not make a mistake!! I was in Jamaica about 5 years ago in the middle of August at Couples Swept Away in Negril. The weather was amazing..yes, it did get a bit hot at times; but never unbearable.

It is so beautiful there; you made an amazing choice! cheer2.gif

Love the dresses shannon, can't wait to see what you decide. I tried on a few dresses that my MOH and mom liked but I wasn't a fan. I ended up really liking them after I put them on.

I hope I did not miss giving you some advice before your dress trying. Well I love them all, but the ones that pop most to me are, #1, #3, #4, and #7. they look sexy and for a wedding. you don't want to look too much like slip. Good luck.

I need some help as well, I decided to use anaderoux@gmail.com for my invites. she has made a bunch of invites here on the sight. I made my deposit and have not herd from her since. I sent her 2 e-mails. I am almost panicing. I will try to find a number to call, but what else can I do? I have not even given her all the info for the invitation nor, has she asked for it. It has been about 3 weeks. I am nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrow View Post
I need some help as well, I decided to use anaderoux@gmail.com for my invites. she has made a bunch of invites here on the sight. I made my deposit and have not herd from her since. I sent her 2 e-mails. I am almost panicing. I will try to find a number to call, but what else can I do? I have not even given her all the info for the invitation nor, has she asked for it. It has been about 3 weeks. I am nervous.
I am so sorry.. I just saw this! I don't really know who that is... I would definetely keep trying to get a hold of her. If you know that other gals on this site have used her; maybe contact one of them to see if they know how to get in touch or if maybe she is just slow to respond? Hmmm.. maybe start a thread in the appropriate place and ppl can share their experiences or get a hold of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrow View Post
Did you ever get ahold of her?

Hello Ladies!!! I hope all of your planning is going well. I just wanted to know if any of you planned on sheddign some pounds for your August wedding? I personally, am trying to lose about 30 lbs. Maybe we could start a weight loss challenge or something?

I'm working on losing some baby weight. I'm working on about 22 pounds. Are you doing Biggest Loser Season5 ? I am!!!! I counted the other day from the girls that actually posted they were in, but there could be more, and with each person paying $15 the pot is alread at at least $360!

Hi, Ladies

I have been so consumed with school, its been hard to focus on the wedding. All done for this semester now, yepiiiii. It worked out fine with ana the person making my invites, she sent me an e-mail which showed that she had been trying to contact, but some how i was not getting her e-mails, all is well now. Honeyhun, I do plan being in the gym but only to build muscle not really losing weight. I want to keep my shape for my dress, just tone a bit.

So far, I have about 50 people booked. :)