Photo

My FI said he doesn't want to get married....and our wedding is in less than 3 months

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#91 Jenn

Jenn
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:53 PM

I just went through this whole thread and was really hoping for a happy ending... but the truth is that you did get a happy ending. While I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through, better to have this happen now, before your wedding, then after. You really have a fantastic attitude about it. Sounds like moving back with your parents is definitely the way to go and you will be able to pick up the pieces with your family, who will always be there for you and your children.

Again, I'm so sorry for what you're goin through. If you need to chat, we are here to listen :)

{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}

#92 Kathie

Kathie
    • 2,654 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:54 PM

You have a great outlook on this whole mess. Keep your chin up.

#93 Kla.Kari

Kla.Kari
      • 101 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:23 PM

Wow, I admire you for your courage and optimism. I wish you the best. And there is always the famous motto: live like there's no tomorrow, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like no one is watching!
        Courtesy of Josh Brown Photography

Pigeon Island, St. Lucia
        April 11, 2009Simply Beautiful

#94 KarmaB

KarmaB
        • 796 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:38 PM

I am so sorry this is happening to you. The girls are right though, in the end it will all work out for the better and you will find a man who will love you and your children no matter what. Big Hugs!

#95 SAM

SAM
          • 542 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:43 PM

I'm so sorry. It does sound like he is very depressed about losing his job and a huge loss for him. I'm not sure what to say except talk and keep the communication open!

#96 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
            • 1,209 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:48 PM

You really are being super positive, given the situation. This is great for your kids and it sounds really good that you're getting going, moving back with your parents so you can have some good, wholesome family support to get you *&^* together :)

Good luck and I hope that the trip home and the move and all that goes well. It's a new adventure!

#97 Angel

Angel
              • 2,635 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:50 PM

I'm glad to hear that your doing alright and you have support.
                Your a strong woman and it will all work out in the end. Stay strong hang in there.

#98 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 12,151 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:01 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by dainanewell
                  I think I always knew things wouldn t work out between us but I didn t want to realize the truth.....thanks so much for all your support!!!
                  i understand this completely ... i was with my ex for 7 years. in hindsight, it had been over for a long time and i was in denial, trying to make it work in part because we had been together so long and i didn't want to face starting over. we were not even engaged yet after 7 years, and the clincher for me was when i asked myself whether i would say "yes" if he proposed. i wasn't sure.

cutting ties with such a huge part of my life and starting over was scary, but i'm so glad i did. when i first began dating my fiance tom, it was like ohhh ... THIS is what love is, THIS is how i should be treated, THIS is what it is like to trust and be trusted ... he didn't propose for 2 years, but i honestly would have said yes after 2 weeks. it's hard to recognize that you are not getting all you deserve ... until you DO start getting it.

and i believe you will. i'm sure with your strength and character there is a man out there who will give you all that you deserve. take time to heal of course, and be a support for your children. moving home to be with family is a good idea ... surround yourself with those who love and support you and your children. i wish you all the best, and know that we are all always here for you when you need a shoulder.

#99 foxytv

foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:08 PM

That crappy cliche that everything happens for a reason does have a place, and I do believe it's true. You are obviously a strong young woman who will come through all of this with flying colors!

#100 Karen

Karen
                    • 1,308 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

Daina, I wish you the best of luck. It's not easy but it sounds like it's for the best. I went through with a similar situation with my ex-husband and it really was for the best. I wish you much strength and peace while you go through this tough time.
                      <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users