Monograms

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lexico

Lexico
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:14 PM

I love the idea of monograms.

If anyone feels like sharing their monogram and letting us know what and where they used them, please feel free!

Cheers!

#2 adias.angel

adias.angel
    • 719 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

I actually just posted mine that are my top two. Here in case you want to look: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t29307

#3 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
      • 1,209 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:48 PM

Amaryllis (Amy) made me a really pretty one and I tried to make my own too.

Here they are:

Amy's
        Click the image to open in full size.

Mine
        Click the image to open in full size.

I love them both.

I am planning on printing some onto sticker paper and sticking them to our little favor boxes

For the one I made I altered it somewhat and added the names of our guests and printed it onto iron-on transfer paper and then ironed it onto our bags. They turned out pretty well. I haven't gotten around to showing what the bags look like, but this is what the altered monogram looks like:

(I have to attach it and it's in Powerpoint)...

Attached Files

#4 meagan

meagan
        • 133 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:56 PM

I love monograms too....where and how do you get them made? Is that a dumb question

#5 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
          • 1,209 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:17 PM

You can buy them from some online companies if you just google "wedding monograms". They're becoming quite popular.

Then there are a few girls on this forum who do them. Sarah (Sproullie Designs) - I hope I'm not wrong with that... and Amaryllis are two girls who have offered to make them. Sarah actually has her own company making invitations, etc. They are both amazing at them.

Or you can teach yourself, like I tried to do. I'm not that great and it took forever. I used PowerPoint.

#6 bride2010

bride2010
            • 424 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:22 PM

I have tried to make them on my own too using Powerpoint. They turned out quite nice, but it took a while. Maybe I'm just not as computer savy as I need to be. Haha. I'm trying to also see if my best friend who has her own invitation company can design a custom graphic for me to use. Just waiting on those and I'll probably be posting my options soon. I think I'm gonna need a little help choosing which one to use.

There's also someone in the forum who posted how to make monograms using powerpoint. Can't quite remember who it was, but you can try searching it. I'll let you know if I come accross it. Good luck!
              http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
              26 Booked + Bride & Groom
              "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#7 sanddune

sanddune
              • 179 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:07 AM

amarillis is a whiz at this. she does amazing work and i am so grateful for her.
                a little help goes a long way.

#8 sanddune

sanddune
                • 179 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:07 AM

also at the top, look for mikkistreak.. she has great instructions.
                  a little help goes a long way.

#9 meagan

meagan
                  • 133 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 05:51 PM

Thanks everyone for your help. I am going to try playing around a little on powerpoint. I am no that bad with computers so maybe I can make something i'll like. If not...at least I know I have options.

#10 Lexico

Lexico
                    • 150 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

I have a Mac computer and I'm still trying to learn my away around the different features.

I tried one myself. I haven't decided on our colours yet. I was just playing around. There are so many neat things you can do!

Can't wait to see more!

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users