Photo

Making own linens?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
  • 672 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

The pictures of runners, napkins, sashes that they have been sending me are all just a bit off in color. Did anyone go to a fabric store and make their own? Is this very time consuming/difficult? Would it be less expensive?

I am hating trying to pick my decorations and linen color via emailed pics as I cannot put the ribbon and such with it to see how far off it is...

Suggestions?

#2 sanddune

sanddune
    • 179 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:13 PM

i'm actually making my own table linens based off wildflower linens company. here's two sites that i've looked into.
      jcaroline creative
      a little help goes a long way.

#3 sanddune

sanddune
      • 179 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:13 PM

and this one
        purl : home

#4 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
        • 1,206 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 08:59 PM

Im making my runner. I went to Joanne Fabrics and they had my color to a T in a fancy shimmery silk... normally like 18.99 per yard.. but I had a super coupon through an email.. and it was only 7.99 per yard... soo I grabbed the rest of the bolt. I am just using mending tape in clear.... this way I get a super straight edge... I cant sew straight to save the life of me.

#5 trafalgar

trafalgar
          • 48 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

I don't have much to say about the fabric store but I'm not a sewing fanactic at all. I suck but you can hire a fashion student from college to help you out.

#6 TheTomato

TheTomato
            • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:11 PM

I am making my own table runners. I bought very basic fabric that matches the color I want and got this fuse/tape stuff that is basically like a double face tape that melts and bonds when you iron it. No sewing the edges- yeah! And I got all the fabric (enough for 10 tables) labor day weekend for less than $50

#7 sanddune

sanddune
              • 179 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:21 AM

thetomato, what is the name of the tape? i need some of that.

#8 adias.angel

adias.angel
                • 719 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:04 AM

I am making my own with the help my Marth Stewart FMIL. I saw these and fell in love. Found out all you need is a projector, material and paint.

Click the image to open in full size.

Here is a picture of how to trace the image so you can paint it on:

#9 Blueyedancer28

Blueyedancer28
                  • 26 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:14 PM

I made my own table runners, just contacted the wedding planner and asked for table measurements. Bought the fabric at fabric store to match my colors. I chose to run a ribbon down the 2 sides, so that I wouldn't have to sew. I just used fabric glue for the ribbon. This added color and stopped the freying. I then used the no sew tape, that you iron, for the ends. Simple enough with some help from my mom. Cost was about 40.00 for 5 table runner....very cost effective! Adds color to the standard resort linens at most resorts.

#10 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
                    • 5,681 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:40 PM

I haven't thought about table linens but sounds cool! Guess I will have to see if there's room in our budget! Great work ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users